It's mid-September, fall is fast approaching and that can only mean one thing: It's fair time. Festivities kick off Wednesday for the 2019 Kern County Fair, which runs through Sept. 29. All hands were on deck at the fairgrounds Monday as vendors, carnival workers and food and beverage concessionaires set up in anticipation for the annual event. Find out what to expect at this year's event at Bakersfield.com, or stay up to date on all things fair by picking up a copy of The Californian.
- Adults: $12
- Ages 6-12: $5
- Ages 5 and under: Free
- Seniors (62 or better): $9
- Active and retired military with ID: Free
- Parking: $10
Visa and MasterCard accepted at all admission gates
Opening/ closing times
- Monday-Thursday: 3 to 10 p.m.
- Friday, Sept. 20: 10:30 a.m. to 11 p.m.
- Friday, Sept. 27: 3 to 11 p.m.
- Each Saturday: Noon to 11 p.m.
- Each Sunday: Noon to 10 p.m.
- Free admission for active and retired military: Visitors with military IDs receive free admission to the fair for its 12-day run. Parking is $10. (Family members not included.)
- Senior discount: Seniors 62 or better receive $3 off the regular price admission, making senior admission $9.
- Children 5 and under: Admission is free every day.