The Kern County Fair begins its 10-day run Wednesday. You'll find plenty of animals, rides, food, music and more.
- Today at the Kern County Fair: Wednesday, Sept. 18
- PHOTO GALLERY: Preparations underway for 2019 Kern County Fair
- POLL: What's the best part of the Kern County Fair?
- Ready to get down tonight with KC and the Sunshine Band
- Country, Creedence and catchy tunes: Fair's music lineup rocks
- 2019 Kern County Fair facts
- What's new at the fair? Season passes, bugs and more
- We're fit to be fried with this year's fair fare
- HERB BENHAM: Nothing finer than fair time
- PHOTO GALLERY: Something for everyone at the Kern County Fair on Saturday
- Adults: $12
- Ages 6-12: $5
- Ages 5 and under: Free
- Seniors (62 or better): $9
- Active and retired military with ID: Free
- Parking: $10
Visa and MasterCard accepted at all admission gates
Opening/ closing times
- Monday-Thursday: 3 to 10 p.m.
- Friday, Sept. 20: 10:30 a.m. to 11 p.m.
- Friday, Sept. 27: 3 to 11 p.m.
- Each Saturday: Noon to 11 p.m.
- Each Sunday: Noon to 10 p.m.
- Free admission for active and retired military: Visitors with military IDs receive free admission to the fair for its 12-day run. Parking is $10. (Family members not included.)
- Senior discount: Seniors 62 or better receive $3 off the regular price admission, making senior admission $9.
- Children 5 and under: Admission is free every day.