Need help with one of the following?
- Schedule a Vacation Hold
- Report a Delivery Problem
- Send a Carrier Compliment
- Make a Payment
- Update Your Account
- Forgot Your Password?
- Subscriber Services
- (661) 392-5777
- Toll Free
- (800) 953-5353
- Mon-Fri 6 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Sat-Sun 6 a.m. to noon
- Holidays 6 a.m. to noon
Rates apply to single copy purchases.
- March 1, 2018 - Fred Hall’s Central Valley Sports Show ($1.50 per issue)
- May 19, 2018 - Tehachapi Visitor Guide ($1.50 per issue)
- June 23, 2018 - Puzzles & Games ($1.50 per issue)
- July 20, 2018 - Kern Senior Directory ($1.50 per issue)
- August 23, 2018 - B Varsity Football ($1.50 per issue)
- September 15, 2018 - Kern County Fair ($1.50 per issue)
- November 22, 2018 - Thanksgiving Edition (3.95 per issue)
- December 15, 2018 - Pete Tittl’s Dining Guide ($1.50 per issue)
Frequently Asked Questions
Automated subscriber services are available 24/7 for your convenience at https://services.bakersfield.com/. If you prefer personal service, contact us during office hours by calling (661) 392-5777 or (800) 953-5353, or emailing CustomerCare@bakersfield.com.
Customer Service Hours
- Mon-Fri 6 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Sat-Sun 6 a.m. to noon
- Holidays 6 a.m. to noon
Please allow 2 business days for processing online transactions.
Report a Missing Paper or Delivery Problem
Expected Delivery Times
6 a.m. Monday through Friday
7 a.m. Saturday and Sunday
Change My Delivery Address/Phone Number
What is EZ PAY?
Simplify your life with EZ Pay. It’s an automatic payment plan where you can renew your subscription each month from either your credit card or checking account.
Make a Payment Online
You may make a payment online by using your Visa, Mastercard or Discover credit card through our online automated system.
Make a Payment via U.S. Mail or Phone
You may make a payment by phone with your checking account, Visa, Mastercard or Discover credit card by calling us at (661) 392-5777 or (800) 953-5353.
Attention: Circulation Department
PO Box 440
Bakersfield, CA 93303-0440
Update Credit Card Information
You can update your account information by calling (661) 392-5777 or (800) 953-5353. Do not email your credit card number. Customer Service office hours are Monday through Friday - 6 a.m. - 2 p.m., Saturday through Sunday - 6 a.m. to noon and Holidays - 6 a.m. to noon
What if I Don’t Want to Pay by Credit Card?
We also accept checks, money orders, debit cards and cash. Please make cash payments at one of our locations; 1707 Eye Street or 3700 Pegasus Drive.
Are there digital only and print only rates?
Yes. The digital only rate is $20.80 per month. The print only rate is $16.80 per month for 7 day delivery.
How Can I Tip My Carrier?
You may include carrier tips with your renewal payments, send a separate check or money order, or include as a fixed amount in your monthly EZ Pay debit.
What Happens When My Subscription Expires?
You will receive a renewal 30 days prior to your expiration date. We will continue to deliver the paper during your grace period, unless otherwise notified.
Electronic Edition - Subscription or Single Copy
We now deliver to your computer, tablet or smartphone! You can find out more about this and subscribe by clicking here.
Subscriptions via U.S. Mail
We can mail your subscription anywhere in the Continental U.S. Please contact customer service for rates and subscription plans at (661) 392-5777 or (800) 953-5353.
Purchase a Back Issue The Bakersfield Californian
We maintain a one year archive of newspapers. Contact customer service via phone (661) 392-5777 or email CustomerCare@bakersfield.com to inquire.
Request a Gift Subscription
You can purchase a gift subscription online or by contacting us at CustomerCare@bakersfield.com or by calling (661) 392-5777 or (800) 953-5353.
Going on vacation?
It's a good idea to use our convenient Vacation Hold service when you're going out of town for a few days. We can hold your papers and deliver them when you return, or you can donate your papers to our Californian in Education program. If you prefer, you can suspend delivery and you will not be charged for these days. Just contact us at CustomerCare@bakersfield.com, use our online automated system, or call us at (661) 392-5777 or (800) 953-5353.
What is a Vacation Donation?
The vacation donation program is our number one source of funding for the CIE program. This program is simple, and anyone who has a home delivery subscription can participate. When you go on vacation, you have the option to donate your newspapers to the CIE program. Just contact us at CustomerCare@bakersfield.com, use our online automated system, or call us at (661) 392-5777 or (800) 953-5353.
What is the Californian in Education Program?
We established the Californian in Education program more than twenty years ago. This program provides our local schools with copies of the newspaper at little or no cost to them. The use of the newspaper helps students develop strong reading and writing skills, while allowing them to explore math, science, politics, health, geography and current events that are relevant to their everyday lives. We also provide teachers and students with special educational programs throughout the school year.
The Californian in Education program relies solely on sponsorship funding. We have developed several fundraisers to help cover the costs of running the Californian in Education program. If you are interested in becoming a Partner in Education, please contact us at:
Californian In Education
Phone: (661) 392-5751
Fax: (661) 392-5727
Have a Carrier compliment?
You can share a carrier compliment by contacting us at CustomerCare@bakersfield.com or by calling (661) 392-5777 or (800) 953-5353.
If you have a question or problem that this site doesn't address, please feel free to contact us at CustomerCare@bakersfield.com or call (661) 392-5777 or (800) 953-5353. Thanks for reading The Bakersfield Californian!
Newspaper Rack Locations
Find the nearest newspaper rack to you! Spot an empty rack? Call (661) 392-5777.
- Post Office: 1085 Voyager Dr, 93561
- Kelcy's Cafe: 110 W Tehachapi Blvd, 93561
- S. Curry St.: 1102 S Curry St, 93561
- Primo Burger: 118 E F St, 93561
- Kelly's: 20424 Brian Way, 93561
- Village Grill: 410 E Tehachapi Blvd, 93561
- TNI Office: 411 N Mill St, 93561
- Henry's Cafe: 550 Tucker Rd, 93561
- K-Mart: 618 W Tehachapi Blvd, 93561
- Teas Donuts: 807 Tucker Rd, 93561
- Gracian's Mexican Rest: 860 E Tehachapi Blvd, 93561
- Rosedale & Heath: 16025 Susan Eileen Ave, 93314
- Molly J's: 3150 Panama Ln, 93313
- Howards Mini Mart: 3200 Panama Ln, 93313
- Akers & Berkshire: 4101 Berkshire Rd, 93313
- Tobias Creek & Hosking: 4112 Crystal Lake Dr, 93313
- Akers & Milo: 4200 Milo Ave, 93313
- Denny's Resturant: 4440 Gosford Rd, 93313
- Akers & Cyclone: 6616 Windpiper Ln, 93313
- Silver Creek Rec Ctr/Harris: 7102 Sierra Rim Dr, 93313
- Wilderness Park/Harris: 7721 Indian Gulch St, 93313
- Spencer's: 7800 Mcnair Ln, 93313
- Verdugo & Polo Saddle: 10420 Polo Saddle Dr, 93312
- Spencer's: 10437 Rosedale Hwy, 93312
- J&M Cafe: 10801 Rosedale Hwy, 93312
- Old Farm & Mezzadro: 12100 Mezzadro Ave, 93312
- Reina & Coyote Canyon: 12221 Jacksonville Ave, 93312
- Old Farm Rd & Rendley: 1401 Ironstone Dr, 93312
- Main Plaza & Icicle Creek: 3115 Neah Bay Dr, 93312
- Meacham & Starside: 3425 Starside Dr, 93312
- Noriega & Polo Club: 4908 Polo Club Dr, 93312
- Jewetta Ave & Williamette Fall: 7216 Whitewater Falls Dr, 93312
- Food CO: 8200 Rosedale Hwy, 93312
- Denny's: 8710 Rosedale Hwy, 93312
- IHOP: 9220 Rosedale Hwy, 93312
- Meacham & Collette: 9902 Theodora Ave, 93312
- Mountain Vista&Camino el Canon: 10501 Camino El Canon, 93311
- Broken Yolk Cafe: 3300 Buena Vista Rd, 93311
- Parkview & Campus Park: 3900 Park View Dr, 93311
- Harris & Fiji: 5612 Fiji Dr, 93311
- Mt. Vista & Mt. Pleasant: 5815 Mountain Vista Dr, 93311
- Bagels & Blenders: 8200 Stockdale Hwy # K1, 93311
- Campus Park South: 8612 Hassam Dr, 93311
- Kaiser Perm: 8800 Ming Ave, 93311
- Old River Sherborne: 9702 Sherborne Ave, 93311
- McDonald House: 1000 Real Rd, 93309
- Centar Village Apartments: 2500 Gosford Rd, 93309
- Southwest Lanes Bowling: 3610 Wible Rd, 93309
- Marie Callendar's: 3801 California Ave, 93309
- Carls Jr Resturant: 4800 White Ln, 93309
- Glenbrook Apts: 4816 Planz Rd, 93309
- Camelot Square Apartments: 5400 Planz Rd, 93309
- McDonalds: 5410 Stockdale Hwy, 93309
- Kern City/next to bus stop: 5801 Sundale Ave, 93309
- Lorene's Coffee Shop: 6401 Ming Ave, 93309
- FasTrip: 6401 White Ln # 112, 93309
- Grocery Outlet: 6421 Ming Ave, 93309
- N Halfmoon/Barrington: 6600 N Half Moon Dr, 93309
- Foster Donuts: 7850 White Ln # B, 93309
- McDonalds: 7901 White Ln, 93309
- Post Office: 118 Minner Ave, 93308
- Wells Fargo: 1309 N Chester Ave, 93308
- Zorba's: 2019 N Chester Ave, 93308
- Pizza Hut: 2337 N Chester Ave, 93308
- Zingo's Cafe: 3201 Buck Owens Blvd, 93308
- IHOP: 3252 Riverside Dr, 93308
- Starbucks #13596: 35185 Merle Haggard Dr, 93308
- McCray & McKelvey: 4100 Mccray St, 93308
- Mom's Donut Shop: 5330 Olive Dr # B, 93308
- Milt's Coffee Shop: 6112 Knudsen Dr, 93308
- Country Kitchen: 813 N Chester Ave, 93308
- Yum-Yum: 830 Roberts Ln, 93308
- Lui's Burgers: 1519 White Ln, 93307
- District Admin Office: 1608 Fairview Rd, 93307
- La Colonia Restaurant: 1809 Potomac Ave, 93307
- Potomac Market: 2050 Potomac Ave, 93307
- Food Mart: 2300 Panama Ln, 93307
- Denny's: 2309 Panama Ln, 93307
- Panama & Hammond: 6501 Hammond Way, 93307
- Chevron Station: 11101 Highway 178, 93306
- Hillcrest Post Office: 1436 Crestmont Dr, 93306
- Marie Callender: 2631 Oswell St, 93306
- Carrows: 2673 Mount Vernon Ave, 93306
- Donut Shop: 2697 Mount Vernon Ave # D, 93306
- College & Singing Hills: 2900 Singing Hills Dr, 93306
- University Park: 3409 Mission Hills Ct, 93306
- University & Wenatchee: 3415 Wenatchee Ave, 93306
- Country Club Liquor #2: 3737 Columbus St, 93306
- Cindy's: 3807 Auburn St, 93306
- Medicine Shoppe: 5601 Auburn St # B, 93306
- Golden Ox: 6001 Niles St, 93306
- 6200 Miramonte Dr: 6200 Miramonte Dr, 93306
- Miramonte & Pinon Ranch Rd: 6200 Pinion Ranch Rd, 93306
- Burger King: 6217 Niles St, 93306
- Sagebrush Medical: 1111 Columbus St, 93305
- Bakersfield College/north: 1801 Panorama Dr, 93305
- Smith's Bakery: 2808 Union Ave, 93305
- Burger King: 3405 Union Ave, 93305
- Rainbow Donuts: 2 S Chester Ave, 93304
- Donna Kayes: 212 Oak St, 93304
- Carls Jr: 2400 White Ln, 93304
- Sugar Mills: 2515 Chester Ln, 93304
- Denny's: 2851 White Ln, 93304
- La Cabana Restaurant: 300 Oak St, 93304
- Country Kitchen: 4020 El Potrero Ln, 93304
- Sequoia Sandwich: 1231 18th St, 93301
- 24th Street Cafe: 1415 24th St, 93301
- Bank of America: 1440 Truxtun Ave, 93301
- Lorene's: 1531 23rd St, 93301
- The Bakersfield Californian: 1707 Eye St, 93301
- TBC S/O: 1707 Eye St, 93301
- Post Office: 1730 18th St, 93301
- Rosemarys: 2733 F St, 93301
- Village Grill: 2809 F St, 93301
- San Joaquin Hospital (front): 2819 H St, 93301
- Jack in the Box: 4200 Chester Ave, 93301
- El Verde Royale: 4208 Tierra Verde St, 93301
- Amtrack Station/601 truxtun: 601 Truxtun Ave, 93301
- Lake Isabella man admitted to pressing daughter's face into mattress until she stopped breathing, reports say
- Man stabbed to death after Bone-Thugs-N-Harmony concert Sunday night at Fox Theater
- Sabrina Limon denied a new trial, sentenced to 25-years to life prison term
- LIVE BLOG: Central Section Masters boys wrestling championships
- Arrest made in fatal stabbing outside of Bone-Thugs-N-Harmony show
- LIVE BLOG: Championship day at Central Section Masters boys wrestling
- Pedestrian killed after struck by two vehicles
- Body found in river could be missing woman
- Healthcare workers to protest Dignity mega-merger Tuesday at Mercy Hospital Southwest
- KHSD trustee urges residents to call legislators, demand that teachers be armed