Need help with one of the following?
- Schedule a Vacation Hold
- Report a Delivery Problem
- Send a Carrier Compliment
- Make a Payment
- Update Your Account
- Forgot Your Password?
- Subscriber Services
- (661) 392-5777
- Toll Free
- (800) 953-5353
- Mon-Fri 6 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Sat-Sun 6 a.m. to noon
- Holidays 6 a.m. to noon
Rates apply to single copy purchases.
- March 1, 2018 - Fred Hall’s Central Valley Sports Show ($1.50 per issue)
- May 19, 2018 - Tehachapi Visitor Guide ($1.50 per issue)
- June 23, 2018 - Puzzles & Games ($1.50 per issue)
- July 20, 2018 - Kern Senior Directory ($1.50 per issue)
- August 23, 2018 - B Varsity Football ($1.50 per issue)
- September 15, 2018 - Kern County Fair ($1.50 per issue)
- November 22, 2018 - Thanksgiving Edition (3.95 per issue)
- December 15, 2018 - Pete Tittl’s Dining Guide ($1.50 per issue)
Frequently Asked Questions
Automated subscriber services are available 24/7 for your convenience at https://services.bakersfield.com/. If you prefer personal service, contact us during office hours by calling (661) 392-5777 or (800) 953-5353, or emailing CustomerCare@bakersfield.com.
Customer Service Hours
- Mon-Fri 6 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Sat-Sun 6 a.m. to noon
- Holidays 6 a.m. to noon
Please allow 2 business days for processing online transactions.
Report a Missing Paper or Delivery Problem
Expected Delivery Times
6 a.m. Monday through Friday
7 a.m. Saturday and Sunday
Change My Delivery Address/Phone Number
What is EZ PAY?
Simplify your life with EZ Pay. It’s an automatic payment plan where you can renew your subscription each month from either your credit card or checking account.
Make a Payment Online
You may make a payment online by using your Visa, Mastercard or Discover credit card through our online automated system.
Make a Payment via U.S. Mail or Phone
You may make a payment by phone with your checking account, Visa, Mastercard or Discover credit card by calling us at (661) 392-5777 or (800) 953-5353.
Attention: Circulation Department
PO Box 440
Bakersfield, CA 93303-0440
Update Credit Card Information
You can update your account information by calling (661) 392-5777 or (800) 953-5353. Do not email your credit card number. Customer Service office hours are Monday through Friday - 6 a.m. - 2 p.m., Saturday through Sunday - 6 a.m. to noon and Holidays - 6 a.m. to noon
What if I Don’t Want to Pay by Credit Card?
We also accept checks, money orders, debit cards and cash. Please make cash payments at one of our locations; 1707 Eye Street or 3700 Pegasus Drive.
Are there digital only and print only rates?
Yes. The digital only rate is $20.80 per month. The print only rate is $16.80 per month for 7 day delivery.
How Can I Tip My Carrier?
You may include carrier tips with your renewal payments, send a separate check or money order, or include as a fixed amount in your monthly EZ Pay debit.
What Happens When My Subscription Expires?
You will receive a renewal 30 days prior to your expiration date. We will continue to deliver the paper during your grace period, unless otherwise notified.
Electronic Edition - Subscription or Single Copy
We now deliver to your computer, tablet or smartphone! You can find out more about this and subscribe by clicking here.
Subscriptions via U.S. Mail
We can mail your subscription anywhere in the Continental U.S. Please contact customer service for rates and subscription plans at (661) 392-5777 or (800) 953-5353.
Purchase a Back Issue The Bakersfield Californian
We maintain a one year archive of newspapers. Contact customer service via phone (661) 392-5777 or email CustomerCare@bakersfield.com to inquire.
Request a Gift Subscription
You can purchase a gift subscription online or by contacting us at CustomerCare@bakersfield.com or by calling (661) 392-5777 or (800) 953-5353.
Going on vacation?
It's a good idea to use our convenient Vacation Hold service when you're going out of town for a few days. We can hold your papers and deliver them when you return, or you can donate your papers to our Californian in Education program. If you prefer, you can suspend delivery and you will not be charged for these days. Just contact us at CustomerCare@bakersfield.com, use our online automated system, or call us at (661) 392-5777 or (800) 953-5353.
What is a Vacation Donation?
The vacation donation program is our number one source of funding for the CIE program. This program is simple, and anyone who has a home delivery subscription can participate. When you go on vacation, you have the option to donate your newspapers to the CIE program. Just contact us at CustomerCare@bakersfield.com, use our online automated system, or call us at (661) 392-5777 or (800) 953-5353.
What is the Californian in Education Program?
We established the Californian in Education program more than twenty years ago. This program provides our local schools with copies of the newspaper at little or no cost to them. The use of the newspaper helps students develop strong reading and writing skills, while allowing them to explore math, science, politics, health, geography and current events that are relevant to their everyday lives. We also provide teachers and students with special educational programs throughout the school year.
The Californian in Education program relies solely on sponsorship funding. We have developed several fundraisers to help cover the costs of running the Californian in Education program. If you are interested in becoming a Partner in Education, please contact us at:
Californian In Education
Phone: (661) 392-5751
Fax: (661) 392-5727
Have a Carrier compliment?
You can share a carrier compliment by contacting us at CustomerCare@bakersfield.com or by calling (661) 392-5777 or (800) 953-5353.
If you have a question or problem that this site doesn't address, please feel free to contact us at CustomerCare@bakersfield.com or call (661) 392-5777 or (800) 953-5353. Thanks for reading The Bakersfield Californian!
Newspaper Rack Locations
Find the nearest newspaper rack to you! Spot an empty rack? Call (661) 392-5777.
- Kelly's: 20424 Brian Way
- Carlos Donuts: 20011 W Valley Blvd
- Radio Shack: 1121 W Valley Blvd
- Teas Donuts: 807 Tucker Rd
- Henry's Cafe: 550 Tucker Rd
- Post Office: 1085 Voyager Dr
- Tni Office: 411 N Mill St
- K-mart: 618 W Tehachapi Blvd
- Kelcy's Cafe: 110 W Tehachapi Blvd
- Primo Burger: 118 E F St
- Village Grill: 410 E Tehachapi Blvd
- Gracian's Mexican Rest: 860 E Tehachapi Blvd
- Sunrise Way & S Curry St: 125 Sunrise Way
- Akers Rd & Waterfall Canyon Dr: 8000 Akers Rd
- Harris & Fiji: 5612 Fiji Dr
- Campus Park South: 8612 Hassam Dr
- Denny's Resturant: 4440 Gosford Rd
- Spencer's: 7800 Mcnair Ln
- La Colonia Restaurant: 1809 Potomac Ave
- Meacham & Starside: 3425 Starside Dr
- IHOP: 9220 Rosedale Hwy
- Rosedale & Heath: 16025 Susan Eileen Ave
- Pizza Hut: 2337 N Chester Ave
- Jack In The Box: 4200 Chester Ave
- Sequoia Sandwich: 1231 18th St
- Amtrack Station: 601 Truxtun Ave
- The Bakersfield Californian: 1707 Eye St
- Post Office: 1730 18th St
- Starbucks #13596: 35171 Merle Haggard Dr
- Meacham & Collette: 9902 Theodora Ave
- Verdugo & Polo Saddle: 10420 Polo Saddle Dr
- Noriega & Polo Club: 4908 Polo Club Dr
- IHOP: 3252 Riverside Dr
- Kaiser Permanente Main: 3501 Stockdale Hwy
- Kaiser Perm: 8800 Ming Ave
- Centar Village Apartments: 2500 Gosford Rd
- Parkview & Campus Park: 3900 Park View Dr
- Southwest Lanes Bowling: 3610 Wible Rd
- College & Singing Hills: 2900 Singing Hills Dr
- Hillcrest Post Office: 1436 Crestmont Dr
- Denny's: 20672 Tracy Ave
- Ex-wife in mass shooting had just filed for child, spousal support; gun was legally purchased years before
- Popular sixth-grade destination Camp KEEP opens new coastal campus
- BPD officer engaged on 'The Proposal' announces split with fiancee
- CARGILL MEAT SOLUTIONS RECALLS GROUND BEEF PRODUCTS DUE TO POSSIBLE E. COLI O26 CONTAMINATION
- Two killed in Taft shooting
- Former Cal State Bakersfield professor to serve 1,000 hours community service for child porn possession
- Bakersfield Christian gears up for nationally televised game
- Relative of loved ones killed in mass shooting dismayed GoFundMe account treats shooter as victim
- BPD: Three arrests made in early morning carjackings; two still at large
- 6-month-old Tehachapi girl recovering in hospital after dog attack