Request redelivery, check your account balance, make a payment, or even start a new print or e-edition subscription online.Manage Subscription
All subscribers should first log in using the "Print Subscriber" login tab.
Be sure to read the notes under the "Some things to be aware of" heading. If you need any help, contact us using any of the methods below.
Some things to be aware of:
- New accounts go through a review process before starting
- In order to manage your account, we must have the following information for you in our system:
- Last Name
- 10-digit phone number
- Street number
- Zip code
- Any subscriber can use the "Digital Subscriber" login tab once you have logged in and set up your email address and password
- Subscriber Services
- (661) 392-5777
- Toll Free
- (800) 953-5353
- Mon-Fri 6 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Rates apply to single copy purchases.
- March 2021 - Fred Hall’s Central Valley Sports Show ($1.50 per issue)
- May 2021 - Tehachapi Visitor Guide ($1.50 per issue)
- August 2021 - B Varsity Football ($1.50 per issue)
- November 25, 2021 - Thanksgiving Edition ($3.95 per issue)
- December 2021 - Pete Tittl’s Dining Guide ($1.50 per issue)
Frequently Asked Questions
Automated subscriber services are available 24/7 for your convenience at https://services.bakersfield.com/. If you prefer personal service, contact us during office hours by calling (661) 392-5777 or (800) 953-5353, or emailing CustomerCare@bakersfield.com.
Customer Service Hours
- Mon-Fri 6 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Please allow 2 business days for processing online transactions.
Report a Missing Paper or Delivery Problem
Expected Delivery Times
6 a.m. Monday through Friday
7 a.m. Saturday and Sunday
Change My Delivery Address/Phone Number
What is EZ PAY?
Simplify your life with EZ Pay. It’s an automatic payment plan where you can renew your subscription each month from either your credit card or checking account.
Make a Payment Online
You may make a payment online by using your Visa, Mastercard or Discover credit card through our online automated system.
Make a Payment via U.S. Mail or Phone
You may make a payment by phone with your checking account, Visa, Mastercard or Discover credit card by calling us at (661) 392-5777 or (800) 953-5353.
The Bakersfield Californian
Attention: Circulation Department
3700 Pegasus Drive
Bakersfield, CA 93308
Update Credit Card Information
You can update your account information by calling (661) 392-5777 or (800) 953-5353. Do not email your credit card number. Customer Service office hours are Monday through Friday - 6 a.m. - 2 p.m.
What if I Don’t Want to Pay by Credit Card?
We also accept checks, money orders, debit cards and cash. Please make cash payments at 3700 Pegasus Drive.
Are there digital only and print only rates?
Yes. The digital only rate is $12.99 per month. The print rate is $29.99 per month for 7 day delivery.
How Can I Tip My Carrier?
You may include carrier tips with your renewal payments, send a separate check or money order, or include as a fixed amount in your monthly EZ Pay debit.
What Happens When My Subscription Expires?
You will receive a renewal 30 days prior to your expiration date. We will continue to deliver the paper during your grace period, unless otherwise notified.
Electronic Edition - Subscription or Single Copy
We now deliver to your computer, tablet or smartphone! You can find out more about this and subscribe by clicking here.
Subscriptions via U.S. Mail
We can mail your subscription anywhere in the Continental U.S. Please contact customer service for rates and subscription plans at (661) 392-5777 or (800) 953-5353.
Purchase a Back Issue The Bakersfield Californian
We maintain a one year archive of newspapers. Contact customer service via phone (661) 392-5777 or email CustomerCare@bakersfield.com to inquire.
Request a Gift Subscription
You can purchase a gift subscription online or by contacting us at CustomerCare@bakersfield.com or by calling (661) 392-5777 or (800) 953-5353.
Going on vacation?
It's a good idea to use our convenient Vacation Hold service when you're going out of town for a few days. We can hold your papers and deliver them when you return, or you can donate your papers to our Californian in Education program. If you prefer, you can suspend delivery and you will not be charged for these days. Just contact us at CustomerCare@bakersfield.com, use our online automated system, or call us at (661) 392-5777 or (800) 953-5353.
What is a Vacation Donation?
The vacation donation program is our number one source of funding for the CIE program. This program is simple, and anyone who has a home delivery subscription can participate. When you go on vacation, you have the option to donate your newspapers to the CIE program. Just contact us at CustomerCare@bakersfield.com, use our online automated system, or call us at (661) 392-5777 or (800) 953-5353.
What is the Californian in Education Program?
We established the Californian in Education program more than twenty years ago. This program provides our local schools with copies of the newspaper at little or no cost to them. The use of the newspaper helps students develop strong reading and writing skills, while allowing them to explore math, science, politics, health, geography and current events that are relevant to their everyday lives. We also provide teachers and students with special educational programs throughout the school year.
The Californian in Education program relies solely on sponsorship funding. We have developed several fundraisers to help cover the costs of running the Californian in Education program. If you are interested in becoming a Partner in Education, please contact us at:
Californian In Education
Phone: (661) 392-5751
Fax: (661) 392-5727
Have a Carrier compliment?
You can share a carrier compliment by contacting us at CustomerCare@bakersfield.com or by calling (661) 392-5777 or (800) 953-5353.
If you have a question or problem that this site doesn't address, please feel free to contact us at CustomerCare@bakersfield.com or call (661) 392-5777 or (800) 953-5353. Thanks for reading The Bakersfield Californian!
Newspaper Rack Locations
Find the nearest newspaper rack to you! Spot an empty rack? Call (661) 392-5777.
- Kelly's: 20424 Brian Way
- Carlos Donuts: 20011 W Valley Blvd
- Radio Shack: 1121 W Valley Blvd
- Teas Donuts: 807 Tucker Rd
- Henry's Cafe: 550 Tucker Rd
- Post Office: 1085 Voyager Dr
- Tni Office: 411 N Mill St
- K-mart: 618 W Tehachapi Blvd
- Kelcy's Cafe: 110 W Tehachapi Blvd
- Primo Burger: 118 E F St
- Village Grill: 410 E Tehachapi Blvd
- Gracian's Mexican Rest: 860 E Tehachapi Blvd
- Sunrise Way & S Curry St: 125 Sunrise Way
- Akers Rd & Waterfall Canyon Dr: 8000 Akers Rd
- Harris & Fiji: 5612 Fiji Dr
- Campus Park South: 8612 Hassam Dr
- Denny's Resturant: 4440 Gosford Rd
- Spencer's: 7800 Mcnair Ln
- La Colonia Restaurant: 1809 Potomac Ave
- Meacham & Starside: 3425 Starside Dr
- IHOP: 9220 Rosedale Hwy
- Rosedale & Heath: 16025 Susan Eileen Ave
- Pizza Hut: 2337 N Chester Ave
- Jack In The Box: 4200 Chester Ave
- Sequoia Sandwich: 1231 18th St
- Amtrack Station: 601 Truxtun Ave
- The Bakersfield Californian: 1707 Eye St
- Post Office: 1730 18th St
- Starbucks #13596: 35171 Merle Haggard Dr
- Meacham & Collette: 9902 Theodora Ave
- Verdugo & Polo Saddle: 10420 Polo Saddle Dr
- Noriega & Polo Club: 4908 Polo Club Dr
- IHOP: 3252 Riverside Dr
- Kaiser Permanente Main: 3501 Stockdale Hwy
- Kaiser Perm: 8800 Ming Ave
- Centar Village Apartments: 2500 Gosford Rd
- Parkview & Campus Park: 3900 Park View Dr
- Southwest Lanes Bowling: 3610 Wible Rd
- College & Singing Hills: 2900 Singing Hills Dr
- Hillcrest Post Office: 1436 Crestmont Dr
- Denny's: 20672 Tracy Ave
- California man used coronavirus relief loans to buy Ferrari, Bentley and Lamborghini, federal authorities say
- Paranormal activity at Padre? TV crew investigates for 'Portals to Hell' series
- Three Fairfax School Board members, including board president, served recall notices
- Shortage of chlorine tablets forces tough decisions in pool maintenance options
- 'That little gem': Oildale's Standard Middle School earns national award for excellence
- Endangered Bakersfield cactus threatened by off-road recreation
- A year without knocking on doors: Jehovah's Witnesses shift ministry
- Dolores Huerta honored with dedications by all 23 CSU campuses, including CSUB
- Sage levels former Sinaloa building to make way for apartments
- Kern County remains in orange tier in latest COVID-19 update
- PHOTO GALLERY: Frontier and Stockdale square off in Friday night spring football finale
- PHOTO GALLERY: Unbeaten teams Shafter, Golden Valley square off in Friday night football
- PHOTOS: Jet boat races take off over weekend at Lake Ming
- PHOTO GALLERY: District Attorney's Office holds Honor and Remembrance Drive recognizing 2020 homicide victims
- PHOTO GALLERY: South football wins big over Highland
- PHOTO GALLERY: North High, KHSD welcomes seniors back to campus on Monday
- PHOTO GALLERY: Frontier football downs BHS
- PHOTO GALLERY: Centennial tops Stockdale in high school football