In his latest Where We Live exploration of a Bakersfield neighborhood, The Californian's Robert Price looks at Oleander-Sunset, and its stately grandeur of historic old mansions side by side with apartments and working class bungalows.
As featured on
- CSUB mourns loss of academic adviser
- JOSE GASPAR: Catholic monk claims he witnessed sexual misconduct by Harrison
- Correspondence from 2004 sheds fresh light on early allegations against Harrison
- Monsignor Craig Harrison: 'I am innocent of all accusations'
- Volunteers involved in Wayside Elementary dog attack have criminal history, records show
- Lightning in a Bottle declared a success by Kern County officials
- Dispensaries prepare as ban on all sales of marijuana in unincorporated county comes into effect
- Diocese reopens priest-abuse allegations first raised in 1998
- JOSE GASPAR: Internal investigation may yield greater sanctions against priests accused of sex abuse
- Fed up with coastal elitism, locals step up to defend Bakersfield