Seeking to help sweep the blue wave over Bakersfield, Lieutenant Governor Gavin Newsom stopped by Bakersfield briefly on Tuesday evening to stump for candidates Melissa Hurtado and TJ Cox.
Things voters need to know for the Nov. 6 election:
How to find your voting location: The Kern County Elections Division has an online tool available to look up your polling location using your address. Go to https://www.kernvote.com/Voting/ and click on "Go to a Polling Place." Then type in your address.
When are polls open? Polls are open from 7 a.m. to 8 p.m. on Tuesday, Nov. 6.
- Jury acquits Kern High teacher who allegedly sexted with student
- Former BHS standout athlete Anthony McClanahan pleads guilty to murder in wife's death
- Supervisors deny all appeals of medical marijuana dispensaries
- Recent high-profile incidents shine a light on local outlaw motorcycle gangs
- Former NFL player named football coach at Bakersfield High
- 'A whole new police department': BPD plans to bring 100 new officers to Bakersfield in three years
- Dorms developer plays defense
- 50 percent increase found in county's homeless population over last year
- Teen whose newborn was allegedly drowned by mother was told the child was surrendered for adoption, reports say
- ROBERT PRICE: Action! 'Oildale' isn't the only new film with local flavor