Seeking to help sweep the blue wave over Bakersfield, Lieutenant Governor Gavin Newsom stopped by Bakersfield briefly on Tuesday evening to stump for candidates Melissa Hurtado and TJ Cox.
Things voters need to know for the Nov. 6 election:
How to find your voting location: The Kern County Elections Division has an online tool available to look up your polling location using your address. Go to https://www.kernvote.com/Voting/ and click on "Go to a Polling Place." Then type in your address.
When are polls open? Polls are open from 7 a.m. to 8 p.m. on Tuesday, Nov. 6.
- Rising health insurance deductibles fuel middle-class anger and resentment
- Local car dealer Jose Arredondo is killed
- Jose Arredondo was reportedly beaten to death; still no suspects in Cabo killing
- JOSE GASPAR: Death of Jose Arredondo hard to fathom
- Stockdale student achieves highest possible score on ACT exam
- Trevor Horn's top 50 Kern County football players for the 2019 football season
- Dawn Koons 'did a lot of living in 18 years.' Still, her family and friends grieve her loss.
- LA's Kern County sludge farm to stop receiving free Bakersfield water
- Kidnapping suspect arrested after flight from BPD had previously dated Bakersfield 3 member
- Followers of accused priest Monsignor Harrison show their support with new signs