Positive Cases Among Kern Residents: 31,379
Positive Cases Among Non-Residents: 10
Recovered Residents: 15,298
Number of Negative Tests: 154,265
Number of Pending Tests*: 707
Updated: 9/19/2020. Source: Kern County Public Health Services Department
*As reported by community healthcare providers.
Things voters need to know for the Nov. 6 election:
How to find your voting location: The Kern County Elections Division has an online tool available to look up your polling location using your address. Go to https://www.kernvote.com/Voting/ and click on "Go to a Polling Place." Then type in your address.
When are polls open? Polls are open from 7 a.m. to 8 p.m. on Tuesday, Nov. 6.
- Kern County employees to be rewarded for COVID-19 tests with paid time off
- Well-known west Kern County cattle rancher Ken Twisselman dies at 89
- General Shafter School is the first Kern County public school to open its doors for in-person instruction
- Attendees, employees, owner left reeling after deadly shooting at Basham Funeral Care
- New owner plans restaurant-bar across from Fox Theater, displacing juice bar
- Thousands of COVID tests went uncounted, Kern officials report amid criticism of new state system
- JOSE GASPAR: Suspect in Jose Arredondo murder case may be set free
- In Bakersfield, U.S. Surgeon General says country has made it 'over the hump' of COVID-19 pandemic
- Three shot at large gathering at Aera Park on Sunday morning
- Former Bakersfield elementary school principal Leslie Chance sentenced 50 years to life in prison for husband's murder