Cardiac finishes don't get any better than what transpired Thursday night at Rabobank Arena.

First, Bakersfield's Collin Bowman did the improbable, tying Game 4 of the ECHL Western Conference first-round series against Utah with less than one second left in regulation.

Then Andrew Carroll, who played a huge role in the game-tying goal, lifted the Condors to a 3-2 victory, 13:26 into overtime.

The win gives the Condors a 3-1 edge in the best-of-seven series with Game 5 tonight at 7 at Rabobank Arena.

Carroll was standing in the left corner, along the goal line, when he decided just to fire the puck toward Utah goaltender Igor Babkov.

"Honestly, I just threw it at his feet," Carroll said of the winning shot. "I didn't have nothing else to do. I tried throwing it back down to (Ryan) Little behind the net and he threw it back to me.

I was like 'I don't want to hold on and take a hit' so I just threw it on net and luckily it went in. He might have been, maybe not ready for it. He's a good goalie and he's going to make saves. We'll take them any way we can."

Bobkov (29 saves) was spectacular in overtime, stopping several great scoring chances for the Condors, including a point-blank save on Schaber 1:40 into the period and a kick save as he slid across the crease to deny George Hughes at 5:50.

The Condors tied Tuesday night's game with less than five minutes left and won it in overtime.

This would not have been a victory were it not for the last-second heroics of Bowman, who knew time was running out and Carroll was in front of the net screening Bobkov.

"(Chase) Schaber saw the clock ticking down, Carroll went to the net and (the puck) just popped loose," Bowman said. "I knew we were going to have one last try so I just threw it there, a little pinball and it went in."

Laurent Brossoit stopped 26 shots for the win, having to make just one save in overtime while the Condors fired nine shots at Bobkov.

All four games have been decided by a single goal and the Condors have scored first in all four games.

The game turned late in the second period, as Utah turned a 1-0 deficit into a 2-1 lead in s pan of 33 seconds.

That sudden scoring burst was set in motion by a pair of Condors penalties, the second of which put Utah on a two-man advantage for 1:40.

Brossoit was spectacular during the two-man advantage, stopping six shots. But the Condors could never clear the puck and seconds after Wes Cunningham returned to the ice, Utah's Charles Sarault rifled one in to tie the game with 1:39 left in the period.

On the next shift, the Grizzlies raced out of their own zone on a quick rush with Phil Mangan finishing the play with his first goal of the series with 1:06 left.

The Condors had two power-play opportunities early but generated just one shot, The first came at 9:33 and the next, starting with a 4-on-3 for 59 seconds, at 13.24.

Then came the Utah power plays.

The Condors opened the scoring eight minutes into the first period when Greg Miller followed up on his own muffed shot to beat Bobkov from the edge of the paint.

"(Spencer) Bennett did a great job to keep (the puck) in and (Chris) Collins made a phenomenal pass to me," Miller said. "I drove the net and kid of fanned on it but hit it again and it went in."

As has often been the case in this series, the Condors had an opportunity to extend their lead as they went on a power play just over two minutes later, spent most of the time in the Utah zone, but could not score.