Optimal Hospice Care will hold a New Volunteer Orientation for people throughout Kern County who want to help create a better quality of life for patients and families in its care.
The free training will be held from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Sept. 14 at the Optimal Hospice Bakersfield office. To reserve a seat, call 716-4000 or email email@example.com.
Optimal is recruiting for all programs including, but not limited to:
• Home support volunteers to provide respite to overwhelmed caregivers;
• Facility volunteers to provide companionship to patients;
• Vet to vet support to give back to those who served in the military;
• CarePals Pet Therapy Teams to brighten lives with furry companions;
• Bilingual volunteers to help with communication and understanding;
• Karaoke volunteers to perform in facilities;
• Seamstress volunteers to make gowns, clothing protectors and pillows for patients; and
• Bereavement volunteers to support families grieving the loss of a loved one.
Optimal needs volunteers in all outlying communities including Taft, Lamont, Arvin, Frazier Park, Tehachapi, Lake Isabella, McFarland, Shafter, Delano and Wasco.