After a week of waiting, Jessica Mosley and her five children finally got to see their new home for the first time when they heard those three sweet words: "Move that bus!"
HGTV crews and more than 100 spectators welcomed the Mosleys to their new John Balfanz home on Wednesday, courtesy of "Extreme Makeover: Home Edition" and hundreds of volunteers.
The family can now call a modern, boho Spanish, 2,400 sq. ft. house their home on Enger Street in west Bakersfield. It includes five bedrooms, four-and-a-half bathrooms and comes fully furnished and decorated by the show’s new designers, Carrie Locklyn, Breegan Jane and Darren Keefe, according to a press release.
- Transformation begins for family selected to be on 'Extreme Makeover: Home Edition'
- PHOTO GALLERY: 'Extreme Makeover' for Bakersfield home
- Move that bus: Bakersfield family finally sees new 'Extreme Makeover' home
- Work continues on 'Extreme Makeover' for Bakersfield home
- WATCH: Demolition begins for Bakersfield family selected to be on "Extreme Makeover: Home Edition"
- WATCH: Bakersfield family selected to be on "Extreme Makeover: Home Edition"
- Home sweet home: Mosley family still can't believe their 'Extreme Makeover' house is theirs
- St. Jude dream home to be built in southwest Bakersfield
- Bakersfield 'Extreme Makeover: Home Edition' episode to air Feb. 16
- PHOTO GALLERY: A look inside the Mosley family 'Extreme Makeover' home
Positive Cases Among Kern Residents: 5,369
Positive Cases Among Non-Residents: 10
Recovered Residents: 3,695
Number of Negative Tests: 66,709
Number of Pending Tests*: 730
Updated: 7/06/2020. Source: Kern County Public Health Services Department
*As reported by community healthcare providers.
- Local family mourns as beloved mother and father taken by COVID-19 within days of each other
- Governor: Kern must stop indoor activity in restaurants, bars, theaters for at least 3 weeks
- 'You couldn't help but love her': Community remembers girl as arrest made in her alleged murder
- CRC keeps mum after expiration of critical deadline
- Mother demands answers for attack that left transgender son hospitalized
- Attorney, now sick with COVID-19, says judge ordered her to court against her better judgment
- Kern County's coronavirus cases pass 5,000 mark
- ROBERT PRICE: Vision 2050, interrupted: City tries to map its future in the midst of historic uncertainty
- BPD assistant chief placed on leave following allegations of ‘workplace violence’
- Kern County leads state in highest homicide rate for third straight year