LONDON — Thousands of people demonstrated in London on Wednesday against police violence and racial injustice following the killing of George Floyd in Minneapolis, which has set off days of unrest in the United States.
In Athens, police fired tear gas to disperse youths who threw firebombs and stones at them outside the U.S. Embassy toward the end of an otherwise peaceful protest by about 4,000 people. No injuries or arrests were reported.
Positive Cases Among Kern Residents: 6,921
Positive Cases Among Non-Residents: 10
Recovered Residents: 4,420
Number of Negative Tests: 82,508
Number of Pending Tests*: 811
Updated: 7/15/2020. Source: Kern County Public Health Services Department
*As reported by community healthcare providers.
- KHSD Teachers Association recommends 100% distance learning model for fall
- One new death, 99 new cases of COVID-19 reported in Kern Monday
- Police report says Alatorre fought against man accused of her rape, murder
- Hospital staffing an emerging concern in Kern's COVID-19 effort
- COVID-19 in Kern County: An estimate of who has died
- 'Sorry, it's already been rented': Bakersfield apartments effectively full
- As South High School considers changing mascot, alumni look back on times surrounded by Confederate imagery
- Community rallies for Patricia Alatorre outside court as suspect in her death arraigned
- On day of most reported COVID-19 cases in Kern, local officials warn rising totals will likely continue
- BCSD school year to begin in distance learning format