On Tuesday, Kern Medical debuted its new $850,000 Simulation Center, which is meant to give medical professionals a chance to hone their skills outside the high-pressure realities of the emergency room.
Positive Cases Among Kern Residents: 42,937
Recovered Residents: 18,521
Number of Negative Tests: 223,042
Number of Pending Tests*: 237
Updated: 12/02/2020. Source: Kern County Public Health Services Department
*As reported by community healthcare providers.
- New shopping center begins construction in south Bakersfield
- As cases, hospitalizations rise in Kern, enforcement of state health orders is sparse at best
- California moves toward all-electric home appliances as part of decarbonization effort
- Grimmway Farms finds a buyer in Indiana
- ROBERT PRICE: KC Steakhouse’s resilient Cassie Bittle preaches survival, practices serenity
- Rosedale, Norris welcome final classes of students onto campus this week
- Bakersfield-born musician part of two record projects recently nominated for Grammy Awards
- PETE TITTL: California Fish Grill quite a catch for Bakersfield
- Residents of Tropicana motel fear homelessness after Housing Authority takes control of property
- New workplace laws affect employers large, small
- PHOTO GALLERY: It's the Condors' Teddy Bear Toss time!
- PHOTO GALLERY: Virus keeps Black Friday crowds thin across US
- PHOTO GALLERY: Music to their ears as drum line returns
- PHOTO GALLERY: American Legion downtown hosts Veterans Day Lunch
- PHOTO GALLERY: Time to study for finals!
- PHOTO GALLERY: Biden, Harris take center stage
- PHOTO GALLERY: Veterans Day cruise honors vets, seniors, essential workers
- PHOTO GALLERY: Kicking hunger to the curb at CSUB
- PHOTO GALLERY: Local Democrats celebrate with Biden rally, caravan through Bakersfield
- PHOTO GALLERY: Election Day in Bakersfield