It was like an old-fashioned car show at Hart Park, as automobiles drove through the area for a Sunday cruise. The latest event is part of a series of local cruises, designed to bring the community together and enjoy a time locally that’s typically reserved for car shows.
“You know, people are stuck at home. This gives them a chance to get out and do something that isn’t frowned upon,” said event organizer Jordan Tyack.
Positive Cases Among Kern Residents: 6,921
Positive Cases Among Non-Residents: 10
Recovered Residents: 4,420
Number of Negative Tests: 82,508
Number of Pending Tests*: 811
Updated: 7/15/2020. Source: Kern County Public Health Services Department
*As reported by community healthcare providers.
- KHSD Teachers Association recommends 100% distance learning model for fall
- One new death, 99 new cases of COVID-19 reported in Kern Monday
- Police report says Alatorre fought against man accused of her rape, murder
- COVID-19 in Kern County: An estimate of who has died
- 'Sorry, it's already been rented': Bakersfield apartments effectively full
- McFarland Unified will reopen in-person instruction in phases
- As South High School considers changing mascot, alumni look back on times surrounded by Confederate imagery
- BCSD school year to begin in distance learning format
- What to do if you've had contact with someone with COVID-19
- Former Garces coach was a positive influence on area youth