Best of 2021 Nominations
It's time to nominate for the 28th Best of Bakersfield Californian's Readers' Choice Poll. Nominations will start at Noon on Nov. 16 and end at 11:59 p.m. on Dec. 1.
Categories & Nominations
- We removed some categories that were affected by the state closures due to COVID-19 from the from the 2021 nomination ballot. The categories will return for the 2022 ballot.
- We don't add categories to the ballot once the nominations have started. If there's a category you'd like to see on the ballot, email email@example.com and it will be put on a list for consideration for 2022.
- All write-in nominations need to be reviewed and verified before they appear on the nomination ballot by The Californian. It could take 24-72 hours before you see your nomination appear on the ballot.
- All nominations need to be full names of the individual or business. If the names are incomplete, their vote will not be counted.
- To qualify for Best New Restaurant and Best New Business, your business needed to open during the year 2020 and continue to be open.
Promotion for Businesses
Best Of is a tough competition and sometimes it takes a little campaigning to get the votes. Use the following Nominate Us logo, in print and web versions, to encourage family, friends and patrons to vote for you.