The Kern County Hispanic Chamber of Commerce will welcome the new year by recognizing local community leaders and installing its new board of directors at its annual awards dinner, 6 p.m. Saturday, Feb. 3, at the Bakersfield Marriott at the Convention Center downtown.
According to Jay Tamsi, president/CEO of the Kern County Hispanic Chamber of Commerce, the following are the list of business award honorees:
• Business Man of the Year: Dr. Horace Mitchell, California State University, Bakersfield
• Business Woman of the Year: Pam Alvarez, Beautiful You Medical Aesthetics
• Small Business of the Year: Godinez Law
• Large Business of the Year: Luis Aguilar, El Pueblo
• Corporation of the Year: Trans-West Security
• Nonprofit Organization of the Year: Patriots of Kern
• Community Service Award: Beverly Camp, Catholic Charities
In addition, the Hispanic chamber will also install its new slate of directors.
Tickets are still available for the event. For more information, call 633-5495, email email@example.com or visit its Facebook page: @KCHCC.