San Joaquin Community Hospital hosts free lectures and lunches as part of their ongoing Community Education Series
This video is produced by TBC Media
- 'One on One': Of 2,000 KCSO candidates only 6 remain, Youngblood says
- Funeral services for Feb. 21, 2019
- Piff the Magic Dragon fired up for show at Fox Theater
- PHOTO GALLERY: Snowfall on mountain ranges surrounding Bakersfield
- North High freshman wrestling at CIF State championships two years after brain surgery
- Possible gas leak at Justice building
- Two wanted by police for auto theft
- BPD looking for man suspected in several burglaries
It's a good month to be a bluegrass fan in Bakersfield. Thanks to Pat Evans at World Records, there are two shows on tap to get aficionados of American roots music out on the scene.
Bakersfield College’s Automotive Technology program has been awarded a Master Automobile Service Technology Accreditation.
Kern County Sheriff Donny Youngblood was in the TBC Media studios Wednesday for One on One with Robert Price talking about the challenges facing his cash- and personnel-strapped department.
President Trump has directed the Department of Transportation to cancel $929 million in funding that had been designated for California's beleaguered high-speed rail project, and he wants the state to return the additional $2.5 billion in federal money it has already spent.
A group of over 70 legal service providers and advocacy groups are calling for more transparency of the Mesa Verde ICE Detention Facility in Bakersfield that could potentially be on the brink of closing.
A North High School athletic equipment manager was arrested on Tuesday on suspicion of having sexual contact with current and former students.
Since 2003, Bakersfield and Rabobank Arena have been home to the CIF State boys wrestling championships, and the relationship appears to have never been stronger.
The Kern County Sheriff’s Office has confirmed that the man who was found in the backyard of a south Bakersfield backyard died of a drug overdose.
Getting to see "Harry Potter and the Cursed Child," the two-play follow-up to J.K. Rowling's series on the boy wizard, was going to be a once in a lifetime opportunity for me. After the play's opening in London in 2016, it finally came to the States last year, and there was no way I was goin…
One thing local farmers don’t want during the almond bloom is cold temperatures. Well, guess what?
Demolition activities scheduled for tonight at the Belle Terrace Bridge have been cancelled due to anticipated rain.
Eyehategod's fall from grace may have been all too predictable — frontman Mike IX Williams led a less-than-ideal life that included chronic drug abuse, incarceration and homelessness — but the band's resurrection was anything but.
Members of the Bakersfield Master Chorale are heading to Chicago to sing in the 12th annual Windy City Choral Festival. But before they go, they would love to perform their musical program for the folks here at home.
Bakersfield Police Department arrested two suspects on Tuesday on suspicion of human trafficking.
On tonight's edition of BVarsity Nightly with Trevor Horn, check out highlights as Bakersfield High beats Tehachapi in the Central Section Division II girls basketball semifinals, propelling the Drillers back to Selland Arena for the fourth consecutive season.
There are 28 Kern County boys wrestlers competing at the CIF State wrestling championships that begin on Thursday at Rabobank Arena.
The CIF State girls wrestling championships are at Rabobank Arena for the first time beginning on Thursday. There are 18 Kern County wrestlers in action.
No. 1-seeded Bears beat No. 4 Minarets, 2-1, in Division VI semifinals.
- Person dies from stab wounds downtown on Eye Street
- 3 adults, 2 children killed in crash on 99 in Delano
- Weapons charges against member of Bakersfield farming family to be dismissed after judge finds warrant based on faulty information
- Security video: Break-in brings feeling of violation, financial hit for business owners
- Victim of fatal downtown stabbing identified
- Mathews: Surf City is the anti-California
- Coroner identifies two killed in Oildale crash that split vehicle in two
- Demolition of Belle Terrace Bridge to close Highway 99 for several nights
- Judge freezes assets of allegedly fraudulent Bakersfield health plan operator 'on the verge of collapse'
- LIVE BLOG: Central Section Masters boys and girls wrestling championships
It's too early to take away any clear lessons from the Trump era, except one: Whatever you do, never fire the FBI director.
It’s unsettling to see this ongoing assault and effrontery of the collective will as our constitution is trampled upon by the current president and those people of low character that surround him; those who will undermine common good with their own particular will, (the will to profit). Trum…
Does anyone know where all those free trade Democrats went?