The California Highway Patrol will conduct a DUI checkpoint in an unincorporated area of Bakersfield Friday.
San Joaquin Community Hospital hosts free lectures and lunches as part of their ongoing Community Education Series
This video is produced by TBC Media
- New details revealed on two county marijuana ballot measures
- PHOTO GALLERY: School Day at the Kern County Fair
- Bakersfield man still hoping for new leads four years after his brother was stabbed to death
- Vandalism downtown spikes
- CSUB women's soccer thinks non-conference OT experience will pay off in WAC play
- PHOTO GALLERY: Bill Cosby gets 3 to 10 years for sex assault
- WATCH: Ruth Musser Lopez, 16th State Senate District Candidate.
- WATCH: Melissa Hurtado, 14th California Senate District candidate.
You'll be singing the blues — that's the "Folsom Country Blues" — come early next year thanks to a Johnny Cash tribute headed to the Fox Theater. Musician James Garner and his tribute will "walk the line" to downtown Bakersfield for a show Jan. 12.
Shell Pipeline Co. LP is working to sell off its network of California crude oil pipelines, the company has confirmed to The Californian.
A Weldon man was shot dead by his mother over the weekend after he threatened to kill his parents and stabbed his father, sheriff's officials say.
The fifth annual Bakersfield Walk Like MADD and MADD Dash will be held Saturday at the Park at River Walk to raise awareness of the drunken driving problem in local communities, raise funds for MADD Kern County educational programs and provide support to local victims and survivors of drunke…
The locker room is not yet ready for occupation (new carpet needs to be installed), but the ice is down and that is all the Bakersfield Condors needed on Monday as the team opened American Hockey League training camp at Rabobank Arena.
The man found dead in a dirt field in Oildale on Sept. 20 has been identified by the Kern County Coroner’s Office.
(AP) Models wear creations for Christian Dior's Spring/Summer 2019 ready to wear fashion collection presented Monday in Paris.
A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush.
The Kern County Board of Supervisors is scheduled to hear a report on the two marijuana ballot measures to be decided during November’s election during their Tuesday afternoon meeting.
Grimmway Farms has hired former state Sen. Jean Fuller's chief of staff to head up its corporate and government affairs operation.
While Ferris wheels and concerts may attract much of the attention at the Kern County Fair, some four-legged creatures tucked away in small pens have garnered their own following.
Bakersfield High senior Carl Jones will, in fact, get a chance to play Friday night against his former head coach.
The opening week of league volleyball play provided a little more clarity and intrigue to the regular season. No. 1 Fresno-Central, the reigning Division I champion, opened up TRAC play with a 3-0 win over No. 10 Clovis West and a 3-1 victory against No. 8 Clovis North. No. 2 Bakersfield beg…
(AP) Dozens of people protesting the nomination of Brett Kavanaugh to the Supreme Court have been arrested outside the office of Republican Sen. Susan Collins of Maine.
Recently, Sue found a shoebox full of letters. The box was buried under an avalanche of scrapbooks, children’s art and photo collages mounted on white poster paper celebrating important birthdays. The letters were postmarked between 1980 to 1982.
- Ex-wife in mass shooting had just filed for child, spousal support; gun was legally purchased years before
- Two killed in Taft shooting
- CARGILL MEAT SOLUTIONS RECALLS GROUND BEEF PRODUCTS DUE TO POSSIBLE E. COLI O26 CONTAMINATION
- Former Cal State Bakersfield professor to serve 1,000 hours community service for child porn possession
- Bakersfield Christian gears up for nationally televised game
- Man killed, total of 5 shot on Chandler Court
- PETE TITTL: Meat your match at PorkChop & Bubba's BBQ
- Kern prosecutors may need to review thousands of cases if governor signs bill overturning state's felony murder rule
- Man found dead in dirt field in Oildale identified
- 6-month-old Tehachapi girl recovering in hospital after dog attack
The city of Bakersfield, with a population of around 381,000, has only 16 buildings on our local historic register, two more identified as “Areas of Historic Interest," one historic neighborhood consisting of one short block (Eureka St. between Curran Lane and Sonora Street) and only four bu…
Two remarkably different articles on dressing for business appeared in The Wall Street Journal on the same day. Both purported to offer advice.
We all know the homeless can be seen every day, at every corner. Some of us buy meals for them, while others ignore them.