San Joaquin Community Hospital hosts free lectures and lunches as part of their ongoing Community Education Series
This video is produced by TBC Media
- PETE TITTL: Any way you slice it, sushi is fresh at Shoyu
- Police looking for man suspected of child molestation
- Arrest made in shots fired, collision near Westside Parkway offramp
- State wrestling: How locals fared
- PHOTO GALLERY: CIF State Wrestling Championships
- Seven boys wrestlers from BHS, Frontier advance to CIF State quarterfinals
- Cedar, Alder and Bay streets to see temporary closures at 24th Street
- PHOTO GALLERY: Snow in Onyx
Kern County Sheriff Donny Youngblood was in the TBC Media studios Wednesday for One on One with Robert Price talking about the challenges facing his cash- and personnel-strapped department. Watch the interview.
The Kern County District Attorney’s Office has announced that charges were filed on Thursday against two men wanted in the murders of Celenna Sanchez and Jessie James John.
There's no agenda. No speeches.
There are five Kern County soccer teams playing for four Central Section titles while Bakersfield High girls basketball team seeks to repeat as Division II champions on a jam-packed Friday night of action.
North High School employee Edwin Rodriguez appeared in court for the first time on Thursday on charges of inappropriate contact with students.
Until this year, the CIF State Wrestling Championships anchored the biggest week of the year in Bakersfield tourism. It doesn't anymore, but that's actually a good thing for the local economy.
LOS ANGELES (AP) — Snow fell at low levels in Southern California on Thursday with the arrival of a very cold storm that added even more precipitation in a wet winter that has almost eliminated drought conditions statewide.
For those seven Kern County girls wrestlers that advanced to the second round of the CIF State Girls Wrestling Championships in the morning session of the first day of the CIF State Boys and Girls Wrestling Championships at Rabobank Arena on Thursday, it was smooth sailing into the quarterfinals.
Bakersfield residents will be able to celebrate African American culture and history with a parade this weekend.
Readers may remember some months ago I wrote a couple of columns about Black Brant hunting on the Pacific coast. This is a small goose that migrates down from Alaska, stopping at a number of bays in Washington, Oregon, and California, before ending up in the Mexican province of Baja California.
Since Oct. 1, the level of water in Isabella Lake has been kept very low to allow work to be completed by the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers.
The Bakersfield Police Department has arrested a fourth suspect in the stabbing death of Aaran Porter.
Welcome one and all back to our CIF State Boys and Girls Wrestling Championships live blog.
His given name was Michael Adam Morales, but his friends and brother bikers knew him as Mikey Smash.
Foothill pulled off an 80-74 overtime road win at Central Valley Christian to earn a spot in the Central Section Division IV boys basketball finals with No. 1 Bakersfield Christian.
On tonight's edition of BVarsity Nightly with Trevor Horn, check out highlights from Bakersfield Christian's win over Kerman in the Central Section Division IV boys basketball semifinals. The Eagles advance and will play a familiar foe in the championship game on Saturday.
Ridgeview boys soccer is rolling, and the Wolf Pack don’t plan on looking back anytime soon.
Bakersfield Christian is seemingly playing its best basketball, and now has even more motivation heading into the biggest stage of the season.
Kern County Sheriff Donny Youngblood was in the TBC Media studios Wednesday for "One on One with Robert Price," talking about the challenges facing his cash- and personnel-strapped department.
- Person dies from stab wounds downtown on Eye Street
- 'Mikey Smash,' killed in downtown knifing, had apparent Hells Angels affiliation
- 3 adults, 2 children killed in crash on 99 in Delano
- Victim of fatal downtown stabbing identified
- Mathews: Surf City is the anti-California
- Coaches grieve over 'protector' athlete killed in Feb. 2 stabbing
- Body found in Belle Terrace Park bathroom
- ROBERT PRICE: Eighty years later, we've identified Matt Warren's killer (we think)
- New shopping center planned across the street from The Park at River Walk
- Felony animal cruelty charge filed against woman accused of dragging dog on scooter
After a decade of hype and hope that HSR would run between San Francisco and Los Angeles, there are currently only three construction contracts on 119 miles between Shafter and Madera. Remaining land needed for these contracts is yet to be acquired. Realizing the project is a money pit and y…
Your contributors’ knowledgeable commentary about Trump’s treading on the Constitution leaves me wondering where they get their information. The left is great - even funny - at quoting the Constitution and the Bible out of context.
Here’s a novel idea. The city could pay its CalPers bill up front the first year that funds are available from Measure N. Then it could establish a separate fund just for that payment and make monthly payments throughout the year, minus the interest. That way, you are still saving the same a…