San Joaquin Community Hospital hosts free lectures and lunches as part of their ongoing Community Education Series
This video is produced by TBC Media
- 50 percent increase found in county's homeless population over last year
- THROUGH YOUR LENS: Local views
- PHOTO GALLERY: Poppy bloom in California
- Residents pepper dorms developer with criticism, skeptical questions
- PHOTO GALLERY: CSUB holds vigil for victims in New Zealand massacre
- Police have their faces; now they need their names
- Delano-area grape grower plans downsizing, land sale to Wonderful
- Supes to hear master plan for Hart Park
David Mueller has directed a new film with a familiar title—Oildale. But it's not a comedy. It's a heartfelt, serious drama about families, new and old, traditional and nontraditional. Tune in Wednesday at noon when David will be a guest on "One on One" with Robert Price. Be sure to also look back at the previous shows.
A distinctly traditional beer maker has set up shop in the city’s brewing district.
Johnny Gray Watson was a broken man.
The end date has been set for medical cannabis sales within Kern County.
Longtime Kern County Fair assistant manager Jeannie Burton, who died March 10, will be honored with a celebratory Mass on Saturday, April 13 — on what would have been her 76th birthday.
Anthony McClanahan, a former star Bakersfield High football player who played in the Canadian Football League, pleaded guilty to murder Monday in the stabbing death of his wife at a Utah hotel.
JOHANNESBURG (AP) — More than 1,000 people were feared dead in Mozambique four days after a cyclone slammed into the country, submerging entire villages and leaving bodies floating in the floodwaters, the nation's president said.
The first Hall-of-Fame class at Stockdale High is a star-studded cast that includes three professional athletes and an Olympic medalist.
The developer proposing twin five-story buildings at Coffee Road and Stockdale Highway plans to present his plan to the community at a meeting set for 5:30 p.m. Monday at St John's Lutheran Church, 4500 Buena Vista Road.
Done. Done, but not finished. Done but the Kern County Soccer Park will live to see another day, another league and another generation.
Rain and showers bring a wide assortment of flowers, and poppies and other wildflowers have been painting Kern County fields various colors.
Attorneys will present closing arguments Tuesday in the murder trial of the Bakersfield woman who two years ago fatally shot the owner of J's Place, a popular Southern-style restaurant.
The Bakersfield Police Department conducted a DUI/driver's license checkpoint between 6 p.m. Saturday and 2 a.m. Sunday in the 4100 block of Truxtun Avenue, according to a press release.
When given a class assignment to write about a family member, the 13-year-old eighth-grader didn't hesitate a bit. He titled his essay, "The Story of My Great-Grandfather," by Eddie A. Hernandez.
Avid cyclists have long envisioned a Kern River Bike Trail that would one day stretch from the mouth of the Kern River Canyon to the Buena Vista Aquatic Recreation Area.
Send your images to email@example.com with a caption and your name. They will appear in a photo gallery online, and we will do our best to publish them in print.
Easy access to the links, a pleasant view of rolling greenery — plus a property-value bump to boot? No wonder people want to live next to a golf course.
Here is one way to bring a community together.
Top of the morning to you this St Patrick’s Day! We’re just three days from the official start of spring, the March equinox. On that day, the sun crosses over from being south of the celestial equator (projection of Earth’s equator onto the sky) to be north of the celestial equator. This wil…
- California experiencing burst of butterflies
- Teen whose newborn was allegedly drowned by mother was told the child was surrendered for adoption, reports say
- Jury acquits Kern High teacher who allegedly sexted with student
- Judge: Parker Chamberlin will continue serving 26 years to life in killing of mother
- Man charged in newborn's death hanged himself, coroner says
- Recent high-profile incidents shine a light on local outlaw motorcycle gangs
- Former BHS standout athlete Anthony McClanahan pleads guilty to murder in wife's death
- Dog dragged behind scooter had injuries consistent with being hit by car, reports say
- Supervisors deny all appeals of medical marijuana dispensaries
- Murderer who mocked victim's family now suspected of killing cellmate