An employee at a business north of Valley Plaza mall was assaulted during a robbery, according to police.
San Joaquin Community Hospital hosts free lectures and lunches as part of their ongoing Community Education Series
This video is produced by TBC Media
- NICK STROBEL: Spacecraft pals around with near-Earth asteroid
- WORTH NOTING: Chavez Elementary receives top state award for reading program
- PHOTO GALLERY: Making downtown more accessible
- Funeral services for Dec. 14, 2018
- Friday's AHL game: San Diego at Condors
- WATCH: Conversation with Congressman-elect T.J. Cox
- PETE TITTL: Loving this latest ReMix of fusion cuisine
- Six bomb threats received in Bakersfield amid nationwide hoax, all unsubstantiated BPD says
A four-year-old effort to assess the effects of hydraulic fracturing on federal lands in Kern County and elsewhere in California has drawn 8,400 public comments, most of them from the Central Coast.
Daniel Simental said his 3-month-old son began choking on a bottle of formula the morning of Oct. 6, 2017.
Virgin Galactic's SpaceShipTwo reached the blackness of space for the first time early Thursday morning during a test flight from its base in the desert outpost of Mojave, in eastern Kern County.
A Kern County sheriff's deputy and another person were injured in an officer-involved shooting that occurred when deputies tried to conduct a compliance check in Oildale Wednesday evening.
Last Saturday was the Bakersfield Master Chorale’s "Messiah" concert. This is the Christmas program, but Handel’s "Messiah" has a tendency to swamp the rest of the selections like high seas might a short-walled boat.
Four new members will be inducted into the Bob Elias Kern County Sports Hall of Fame on Feb. 19 at the Marriott Hotel in downtown Bakersfield.
Virgin Galactic reaches space for the first time during its 4th powered flight from Mojave.
A few Saturdays ago I received a text photo from my son Mark. It was a beautiful red, sunrise.
Colors of Christmas will light up the night at Bakersfield Christian High School tonight.
A man who entered a McFarland residence while probation officers were conducting a search immediately ran, discarding a gun in a trash can as he fled to another residence, authorities said.
Bike Bakersfield hosts its annual Holiday Lights Ride through the Haggin Oaks neighborhood, admiring the sights and sounds of Christmas on two wheels.
The frustration Josiah Hill had three matches into the boys wrestling dual set the tone for Bakersfield High.
It wasn’t quite how Bakersfield College head coach Rich Hughes planned, but sophomore guard Shahadah Camp hit a buzzer-beating 3-pointer while falling down to lift BC men’s basketball (7-5) to a 71-68 win over West Hills Coalinga (4-7) at the Gil Bishop Sports Center on Wednesday.
Visit the U.S. Postal Service's mail and parcel sorting facility on Pegasus Drive and you might wonder why the sorting machines, fork lifts and conveyor belts aren't managed by elves.
The Bakersfield City Council has agreed to help fix a funding shortage at the Bakersfield Homeless Center.
Greg Gallion is like our conscience.
All a shelter dog wants is a home for the holidays, even if it's only a temporary stay with a foster family.
Bakersfield city officials are poised to work with Bird, a scooter share company that deployed 200 scooters on city streets late last week, and are already in talks with a second company that wants to start scooter service here as well.
Officer Matthew Johnson and his partner told the young man they had to pat him down.
- Store employee assaulted during robbery at Marshalls on Ming Avenue
- Two wanted in vehicle burglary at The Marketplace
- From east Kern to space! Virgin Galactic reaches suborbital milestone
- Two injured, including deputy, in officer-involved shooting in Oildale
- Rural crime detectives to meet the public over coffee in Buttonwillow next week
- Parker Chamberlin, who as a teenager stabbed his mother to death, is due in court Friday for resentencing hearing
- The Logans, minus that 140-pound tumor, are back for another surgery
- 'I killed Dad': Son claims he fatally stabbed father to protect his mother and sisters, reports say
- Customers and staff face a less comfortable future without Mexicali West
- She’s not a regular mom — she’s a college mom: McFarland resident juggles parenthood, education
- Company surprises Bakersfield by dropping 200 electric scooters on city streets overnight
- Kern proposes walking away from groundwater management role it previously embraced
- ROBERT PRICE: We willingly bled for the man; now Gallion rides off into the sunset
- HERB BENHAM: Whoa, baby! Retirement just what the doctor ordered
- Woman facing 82 felony charges in elder embezzlement case
Hit — Look! In the streets of Bakersfield! It's a bird (sort of)! It's a new way to get around town! It's a convoy of electric scooters!
The county has no problem tacking on citizen fees for everything from dumping to traffic (“County braces for increased cost from city’s sales tax boost,” Dec. 11). I suggest they create some Sheriff Support fee. For example: an incarceration fee for arrest, a perimeter protection fee, even a…
The eulogies for George H.W. Bush keep rolling in, and a great American hero's life has been given proper tribute.