Kern County Supervisor Leticia Perez's court date on two misdemeanor charges is still more than two months away, but the legal maneuvering is already in high gear.
San Joaquin Community Hospital hosts free lectures and lunches as part of their ongoing Community Education Series
This video is produced by TBC Media
- Worth noting: Lane closures announced for next week
- SOUND OFF: How dare we presume Trump had no goals for Helsinki?
- PHOTO GALLERY: The Dome, also known as Strelich Stadium
- BPD gets $98K grant to address alcohol-related crime
- Funeral services for July 21, 2018
- Three arrested in homicide case
- Bakersfield College's Summer Bridge program eases transition to higher education
- Win or lose, cheers or jeers, Robby Sawyer enjoys IMCA competition
No charges will be filed against two Tehachapi Police Department officers who shot an unarmed man on May 24, 2017, Kern County District Attorney Lisa Green announced Friday.
Bakersfield College football’s two speedster stars on the offensive end, running back Elisha Ortiz and receiver Cameron Roberson, each have specific goals for themselves for the upcoming 2018 season.
Kern County Supervisor Mike Maggard is hosting a free pet adoption fair from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Friday and Saturday at Kern County Animal Services in Bakersfield, Lake Isabella and Mojave.
The Bakersfield Dome will host one final event Sunday night: a free pro wrestling show.
Tehachapi Winery is in the process of securing permits so that it can produce its first batch of wine on-site in the fall to be exported to Asia.
The local unemployment rate jumped a full point in June as more people entered the workforce, the state reported Friday, even as it noted job gains in key sectors.
Bakersfield College will be offering a new degree, with new courses, in process technology. The degree will prepare students for jobs such as chemical system, water and gas system and petroleum pump operators.
The Bakersfield Police Department has identified four suspects from the Nov. 24 shooting death of 33-year-old Hardeep Singh in the 8200 block of North Laurelglen Boulevard.
Saturday is the free public star party at the Park at River Walk hosted by the Kern Astronomical Society. Observing will begin a little before sunset with looking at the waxing gibbous moon. As the sky darkens, take a look at Venus and Jupiter and then Saturn. Toward the end of the star part…
The illegal “We Buy Houses” signs that are posted across town haven’t just been an irritant for residents and city government officials. They have also become a problem for a nationwide business with the same moniker.
With origins in Sweden, meal kits (there known by a term translated as "dinnertime bliss") took off in the U.S. in 2012 with three major players: Blue Apron, HelloFresh and Plated.
A Bakersfield motorcyclist died late Thursday morning after failing to safely negotiate a sharp curve in the roadway and crashing, according to the California Highway Patrol.
The Bakersfield City School District is calling the police … again.
On social media, it seemed to me people were saying two things about the new La Costa Mariscos that moved into the old Elephant Bar at River Walk: It costs a bit more and it’s too crowded.
On June 30, 2015, Jessica Hayes' boyfriend got an early-morning text message from her phone saying her ex-boyfriend had shown up unexpectedly at her Bakersfield apartment.
A convicted child molester who authorities say was attacked by another inmate in Wasco State Prison died of blunt force trauma to the head, according to a coroner's release.
- Trump heads to Putin summit with no clear goal — and worries that he’ll make concessions
- Supervisor Leticia Perez criminally charged in connection with conflict of interest with marijuana industry
- Perez to be indicted on charges related to alleged conflict of interest with marijuana industry, sources say
- Merkel warns of worldwide financial crisis
- Reports: Man admits firing rounds near urinating plain-clothed deputy he believed was about to engage in sex act
- ROBERT PRICE: Struggling airport, growing city: What's up with that?
- Districts use incentives, non-credentialed teachers to address shortage
- New restaurants spice up Bakersfield dining scene
- Jeff Foy, longtime school designer, dies of cancer
- TBC Media to consolidate operations to press facility
I read an article recently where a major pest control company did a survey on the cities with the highest bed bug infestations and Washington D.C. came second on the list.
Back in my college days, I took a class in Advanced Semantics while working on my master’s degree in Chinese history at the same time.
On Thursday, the Democrats on the House Intelligence Committee motioned to subpoena the interpreter from the Trump-Putin summit. They wanted her to testify, in closed session, regarding the talks between the despot and his wannabe pal.