Organizers of a memorial event in honor of innocent victims of gang violence scheduled for this spring are inviting organizations and businesses to sign up ahead of time to participate in the event.
San Joaquin Community Hospital hosts free lectures and lunches as part of their ongoing Community Education Series
This video is produced by TBC Media
- "Underdog" Lions roar in soccer win over Bears
- CIF State Wrestling Championships: List of all 28 Kern County state participants
- WATCH: BVarsity Nightly for Feb. 19
- CIF State wrestling: Breakdown of every Kern County girls wrestler at state
- PHOTO GALLERY: Foothill wins in overtime, advances to Central Section title game
- CSUB pitchers go wild in 7-1 loss to Cal Poly
- PHOTO GALLERY: Arvin girls soccer moves on to Central Section championship
- Hsiung's hot shooting night leads BHS back to Selland Arena
World-renowned wind energy expert Paul Gipe of Bakersfield joined The Californian's Robert Price for his weekly "One on One" webcast to talk about California's energy future. Watch the interview.
The Kern County Sheriff’s Office has arrested two people on suspicion of smuggling marijuana, methamphetamine and heroin into the Lerdo Jail Facility.
Two people have been arrested for allegedly committing a “large amount of mail thefts” in the Rosamond area, according to the Kern County Sheriff’s Office.
Each of the dusty old documents in the Walter Stiern Library Historical Research Center's voluminous archives tells two stories.
Buttonwillow School students recently attended a class focusing on soft skills and etiquette. On Tuesday, they were treated to a behind-the-scenes tour of Café 1600 restaurant, operated by culinary students of the Bakersfield Adult School. The students had the opportunity to put their new sk…
The Bakersfield Young Professionals group will host its February Pub Club from 5:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m Thursday at Eureka!, 10520 W. Stockdale Highway in southwest Bakersfield.
Bakersfield residents were sharply divided when the city announced it planned to use some Measure N funds to change the way it pays for its pension system, but city officials say the move is sound financial practice.
Steven Spielberg’s 1998 film “Saving Private Ryan” was a watershed moment in cinema. The intense opening sequence depicting American forces landing at Normandy Beach and the overwhelming strike that followed didn’t just raise the bar of combat realism in film, it vaporized it. The surround-s…
(AP) Tuesday's full moon, or supermoon, appears brighter and bigger than other full moons because it is close to its perigee, which is the closest point in its orbit to Earth.
Angham Aldawood jumps every time her phone beeps to let her know that she has received an email.
SACRAMENTO — The Trump administration said Tuesday that it plans to cancel $929 million awarded to California's high-speed rail project and wants the state to return an additional $2.5 billion that it has already spent.
Everything about the first time the Cal State Bakersfield women’s basketball team played Cal Baptist this season was cold, according to head coach Greg McCall. The Roadrunners’ shooting, their mental play (sluggish), the way missed shots turned into poor transition defense (“a snowball effec…
A year ago, Tymer Mitchell wasn’t thinking about his future.
The Bakersfield Police Department is asking the public's help in identifying a woman wanted in connection with credit card fraud and possession of stolen property.
World-renowned fashion designer, Karl Lagerfeld, dies at the age of 85. Lagerfeld was best known as the artistic director of Chanel.
The world-famous Harlem Globetrotters brought their unique combination of athleticism, theater, and goofball comedy to Rabobank Arena in Bakersfield.
(AP) San Bernardino County Fire officials say a mountain lion was rescued Saturday in Hesperia after being perched about 50 feet up a tree. State wildlife personnel tranquilized the animal, and firefighters lowered it to the ground using a rescue harness.
- Two arrested for allegedly smuggling drugs into Lerdo jail
- Sheriff's office arrests Rosamond mail fraud suspects while one allegedly smoked meth in vehicle
- Man killed in crash near Delano
- Coroner's office identifies innocent bystander killed in gun battle
- Authorities identify Arvin man who died in collision
- Person dies from stab wounds downtown on Eye Street
- 3 adults, 2 children killed in crash on 99 in Delano
- Weapons charges against member of Bakersfield farming family to be dismissed after judge finds warrant based on faulty information
- Security video: Break-in brings feeling of violation, financial hit for business owners
- Victim of fatal downtown stabbing identified
- Mathews: Surf City is the anti-California
- Coroner identifies two killed in Oildale crash that split vehicle in two
- Demolition of Belle Terrace Bridge to close Highway 99 for several nights
- LIVE BLOG: Central Section Masters boys and girls wrestling championships
- Judge freezes assets of allegedly fraudulent Bakersfield health plan operator 'on the verge of collapse'
Measure N money is for extra services that we do not currently pay for already. This is new extra money that the city has not had before. It does make sense to pay the millions of dollars once a year into the pension fund and save a million each year. But, why hasn't the city been doing that…
On Feb. 15, President Trump signed a proclamation of national emergency on the southern border, authorizing the Department of Defense and others to re-appropriate funds in pursuit of his border wall. While noble in the pursuit of border security, this measure forever provides every future pr…
The Bakersfield City Council and City Manager Alan Tandy have no regard for the citizens of Bakersfield when it comes to Measure N. The city council’s oversight committee is made up of people who are always on high profile committees. No doubt they are very capable but how does the city expe…