An ambitious "master plan" for the future of Hart Park presented to the Kern County Board of Supervisors was met with a sense of hope, excitement and optimism at a meeting held Tuesday in downtown Bakersfield.
San Joaquin Community Hospital hosts free lectures and lunches as part of their ongoing Community Education Series
This video is produced by TBC Media
- Study presses for more active pesticide review by county ag commissioners
- March 19 high school roundup
- BC baseball holds on for 10-7 win
- CSUB beach volleyball loses to North Florida, beats Westcliff
- PHOTO GALLERY: Shots from 'Oildale'
- WATCH: BVarsity Nightly for March 19
- PHOTO GALLERY: 50 percent increase found in county's homeless population over last year
- Big third inning lifts Independence over BCHS, Falcons remain undefeated in SYL softball action
David Mueller has directed a new film with a familiar title—Oildale. But it's not a comedy. It's a heartfelt, serious drama about families, new and old, traditional and nontraditional. Tune in Wednesday at noon when David will be a guest on "One on One" with Robert Price. Be sure to also look back at the previous shows.
One of two robbery suspects shot March 14 by a Bakersfield police officer remains hospitalized in stable condition, police said Tuesday.
A Bakersfield police officer who fired a shot after he mistook a cellphone for a gun did not break the law but violated department policy, according to police.
Kern High School District teacher Johnny Gray Watson could soon be able to return to the classroom, at least temporarily.
The Kern County Sheriff's Office is asking for information regarding a homicide that occurred more than two years ago.
(AP) Betting on March Madness has many gamblers throwing their weight behind Duke and freshman phenom Zion Williamson.
The Kern County Superintendent of Schools Office held its annual Kern County History Day on March 9.
A church that two of the five Bakersfield City School District board members have an affiliation with recently received $30,000 from the district as part of a legal settlement.
Kern County’s most recent survey of its homeless population revealed a 50 percent increase over last year’s numbers, the Kern County Homeless Collaborative reported Tuesday.
Kern County has agreed to pay the estate of a man who died by suicide in Lerdo Jail $2 million as part of a lawsuit settlement.
Michaele Bowers spent more than two decades dating chef Raymond Ingram.
How can Cirque du Soleil make its productions of high-flying acrobatic feats even more impressive? By doing it all on (or far above) ice.
Plans to build twin, five-story college dormitories at Coffee Road and Stockdale Highway were met with strong skepticism among residents who gathered Monday to hear project details and voice their concerns about how the development would affect surrounding neighborhoods.
Cal State Bakersfield held a vigil on Monday night for the victims of the New Zealand massacre. On March 15, a white supremacist was accused of gunning down 50 people at two mosques in New Zealand.
The Bakersfield Police Department is working to identify three men they believe burglarized the Double Tree Hotel on March 9.
Well-known Kern County grape grower Vincent B. Zaninovich & Sons Inc. will close a substantial share of its business after negotiating to sell land in the Delano area to Los Angeles-based ag giant The Wonderful Co.
A distinctly traditional beer maker has set up shop in the city’s brewing district.
- Robbery suspect remains hospitalized in stable condition after being shot by police
- Officer who fired gun in Rosedale Highway shooting violated department policy, BPD says
- Sheriff's Office asking for information regarding 2016 homicide
- Police have their faces; now they need their names
- Motorcyclist killed in crash last week identified
- California experiencing burst of butterflies
- Teen whose newborn was allegedly drowned by mother was told the child was surrendered for adoption, reports say
- Jury acquits Kern High teacher who allegedly sexted with student
- Recent high-profile incidents shine a light on local outlaw motorcycle gangs
- Former BHS standout athlete Anthony McClanahan pleads guilty to murder in wife's death
- Supervisors deny all appeals of medical marijuana dispensaries
- Judge: Parker Chamberlin will continue serving 26 years to life in killing of mother
- Man charged in newborn's death hanged himself, coroner says
- Dorms developer plays defense
- Motorcyclist dies following crash on Union Avenue