LEMOORE — The confidence Trent Tracy had this weekend was so high that the Frontier senior never blinked an eye when he was walking outside the gym with his wrestling shoes still on his feet.
San Joaquin Community Hospital hosts free lectures and lunches as part of their ongoing Community Education Series
This video is produced by TBC Media
- High school roundup for Feb. 15
- WATCH: Frontier junior Trent Tracy wins 182 Masters title
- WATCH: BHS junior Josiah Hill wins 185 Masters title
- Condors beat Ontario for 14th straight win
- PHOTO GALLERY: Garces 9, Liberty-Madera Ranchos 0 in boys soccer
- Turner, Trojans rattle Taft in blowout win
- Liberty's season ends with overtime loss to Clovis West
- City plans to use Measure N funds on retirement system for cost savings
World-renowned wind energy expert Paul Gipe of Bakersfield joined The Californian's Robert Price for his weekly "One on One" webcast to talk about California's energy future. Watch the interview.
Reader: The photographer caught this devastated woman at possibly the most extreme moment of her shock and grief ("Woman dies, four children left injured and orphaned in northwest Bakersfield house fire," Feb. 9). How unkind, actually cruel, to publish this picture for the public to witness.…
Welcome everyone to the Central Section Masters boys and girls wrestling live blog.
Houchin Community Blood Bank is holding a Hearts For Dezi Blood Drive on Feb. 23.
The local Krispy Kreme is holding a donation day next week with proceeds to benefit the family of Kristina Stratton, who was killed in a house fire on Feb. 7.
It's that time of year when Kernville goes back in time to the 1860s and becomes Whiskey Flat once again. Whiskey Flat Days returned Friday for its 62nd year, opening with the Whiskey Flat Cowboy and Mountain Man Encampments. The festivities continue Saturday through Monday, with four days o…
There's plenty to whet your appetite for local dining this week and it's not just about Raising Cane's opening on Tuesday. Here's a look at some tasty news.
Prosecutors have filed a felony animal cruelty charge against a Bakersfield woman who was caught on video dragging a small dog behind a scooter.
SACRAMENTO — California's governor and attorney general say they will probably sue President Donald Trump over his emergency declaration to fund a wall on the U.S.-Mexico border.
Police have identified two suspects in Thursday's gun battle in east Bakersfield that killed an innocent bystander and wounded two other men.
The murder trial of a former elementary school principal charged with gunning down her husband has been confirmed to begin later this month and given a time estimate of 80 days.
The Bakersfield Police Department is asking the public for help in identifying two suspects for a residential burglary that occurred on Jan. 25 in the 2400 block of C Street.
One day last week I got an early start to work before sunrise. The eastern sky was clear and bright with the twilight flow of approaching sunrise and there, in the middle of the eastern sky, were the two brightest planets, Venus on the left and Jupiter on the right. If I had my glasses on, I…
Two new restaurants opened up in recent months in the WinCo shopping center on Panama Lane in the southwest. One, a barbecue place that benefitted from a big name chain failure, the other a from-scratch seafood place trying to compete in the fried seafood category.
The 6th annual Breakfast of Champions Kids Cooking competition will be held on Feb. 21 by Greenfield Union School District.
Five wrestlers from Frontier and Bakersfield High and another Kern Valley heavyweight advanced to Friday morning’s Central Section Masters boys wrestling semifinals in Lemoore.
Not only was Garces the far superior team talent wise Thursday night, they also outplayed Tulare-Mission Oak in every phase during a Central Section Division II girls basketball quarterfinal.
Bill Gallis watched with pleasure as the Kern Valley softball team won the Central Section Division V championship last May.
Bakersfield College baseball lost its second game in a row by one run, falling to Golden West, 5-4, at Gerry Collis Field on Thursday. The Renegades (7-5) led 4-2 after six innings before the Rustlers (5-4) took the lead with three runs in the seventh.
Cal State Bakersfield men’s basketball put an end to its three-game losing streak, picking up a 75-62 win over Chicago State on the road on Thursday. The Roadrunners (16-9, 7-4 Western Athletic) led by as much as 19 and for almost 39 minutes (out of 40) — a significant improvement from the f…
The Independence High School Energy and Utilities Career Academy hosted about 160 students from the school for an Energy Science and Career Fair on Thursday.
- Felony animal cruelty charge filed against woman accused of dragging dog on scooter
- Two suspects identified in east Bakersfield shooting that killed innocent bystander
- Delano prison officials investigating stabbing death of inmate
- BPD: One dead, two injured in shooting on Haley Street
- Deputies: 31 vehicles vandalized outside apartments in Oildale
- Supervisors delay decision on Lightning in a Bottle festival
- Coroner identifies two killed in Oildale crash that split vehicle in two
- Two killed in Oildale crash Monday in which vehicle split apart
- Security video: Break-in brings feeling of violation, financial hit for business owners
- California governor pulls plug on Los Angeles-San Francisco high-speed rail
- Weapons charges against member of Bakersfield farming family to be dismissed after judge finds warrant based on faulty information
- Board approves new home for Bakersfield College SouthWest
- He murdered his mother 18 years ago, but Chamberlin says he's changed
- From prep to Olympics, Varner proved he is a champion
- Bodies of two rescuers were found together after fire; community responds
BCSD administration is recommending the BCSD board approve the revised public comment policy at the 6 p.m. Feb. 26 board meeting at 1300 Baker St. I have reviewed it and feel very strongly that it not only eliminates huge swaths of free speech, it will scare a lot of people out of speaking e…
Although California’s state budget reserves have grown to a record high of more than $15 billion, new tax proposals keep popping up in Sacramento.
I want to thank the Californian for the front page story about Kali Rose Daniels ("After being born at 12 ounces, local girl exceeds expectations," Feb. 11), the little girl who weighed 12 ounces when she was born. It is beautiful. I wonder if readers who are pro-abortion have second thoughts.