The Kern High School District is moving forward with its plans to bring a new school to southeast Bakersfield.
San Joaquin Community Hospital hosts free lectures and lunches as part of their ongoing Community Education Series
This video is produced by TBC Media
- Condors fall flat in 4-3 loss to Eagles
- PHOTO GALLERY: World Children's Day
- BC volleyball sweeps Mt. San Jacinto, moves on to Round 2 of playoffs
- Roadrunners use third quarter spurt to push past Whittier
- BC men's basketball grabs road win
- CESAREO GARASA: Elvin Bishop, Big Fun Trio getting 'Funky' at World Records
- The love triangle murder trial a year later: Sabrina Limon sits in prison as appellate attorney prepares opening brief
- PHOTO GALLERY: Explosion in front of AT&T building in downtown Bakersfield
Orange County, one of the last bastions of Republicanism in California, has gone completely blue.
If anybody can make a move across town work on a deadline, it's Santa and his team of elves at Christmas Town.
Bakersfield Christian football entered the 2018 season facing a litany of questions.
A change in cell phone technology could impact the view from your backyard, or maybe your front yard.
United Way of Kern County has named its new president and CEO — the same woman who has been serving in that capacity for months now.
Cal State Bakersfield will participate in its second Giving Tuesday on Nov. 27.
A total of 46 Kern County athletes will take the start line beginning at 8:30 a.m. on Saturday at the CIF State Cross Country Championships at Woodward Park in Fresno.
Centennial High School’s mock trial team took 10th place in the Empire Mock Trial World Championships last week in New York City.
The city of Bakersfield will kick off the 2018 Holiday Grease Collection on Nov. 26.
The Bakersfield Public Works Department promoted Roy Campos to Public Works construction superintendent on Nov. 14.
GUATEMALA CITY (AP) — About 4,000 residents fled Guatemala's Volcano of Fire Monday as red-hot rock and ash spewed into the sky and cascaded down the slopes toward an area devastated by a deadly eruption earlier this year.
As the holiday travel season begins many people may start the trip early to avoid the dreaded Wednesday travel day.
Democrat TJ Cox has pulled within a scant 930 votes of David Valadao, the Republican incumbent, in the 21st Congressional District, Secretary of State’s office show.
He was born in the Bronx and served in the European Theater during World War II, but he made his mark in Kern County in 20 years as a doctor and child advocate.
Rainfall could make Thanksgiving travel even worse than usual as an 80 percent chance of precipitation is forecast for the Bakersfield area Wednesday, with as much as three-fourths of an inch of rain called for over the Tejon Pass.
Bakersfield is ordinarily a scant two-hour drive from Los Angeles, but those heading south may find the trek to the City of Angels more like a highway to hell if they leave Wednesday afternoon.
It was exactly a year ago today that notorious murderer Charles Manson died at a Bakersfield hospital, setting off a months-long dispute over who would receive his remains. They ultimately ended up in the hands of a grandson who said he was confident his grandfather was in heaven.
The Bakersfield Police Department declined to release new details regarding a Bakersfield officer who was placed on administrative leave for allegedly handling a firearm in an unsafe manner during Sunday's Bakersfield Marathon.
- Pedestrian struck and killed on Union Avenue
- BPD's unattended shotgun: Police releasing no further details about officer who 'handled firearm in unsafe manner' at Bakersfield Marathon
- Bakersfield man killed in Kernville crash
- McFarland shooting victim identified
- Coroner identifies man found dead with 'traumatic injuries' in Bakersfield on Friday
- Live scoreboard: Central Section football semifinals
- Valadao now leads by just 2 percent over TJ Cox
- BPD officer placed on administrative leave
- Explosion at AT&T building rocks downtown Bakersfield; power outages for blocks
- Police dig up land south of Bakersfield in active investigation
- Funeral services for Nov. 16, 2018
- Detentions deputy accused of sending sexually explicit messages to Wasco High student
- Audit cites flaws in costly California bullet train project
- Man in critical condition after assault outside Northwest Bakersfield home
- Democrat Cox pulls closer to Valadao
Last month, an important conservation program expired because Congress failed to act to reauthorize continued funding for the Land and Water Conservation Fund.
After all wildfires are extinguished and first responders have resumed normal duties, devastated property owners experience the recovery and restoration challenges rarely reported in national media.
So now Michelle Obama finally tells her truth.