There's no agenda. No speeches.
San Joaquin Community Hospital hosts free lectures and lunches as part of their ongoing Community Education Series
This video is produced by TBC Media
- State wrestling: How locals fared
- PHOTO GALLERY: CIF State Wrestling Championships
- Seven boys wrestlers from BHS, Frontier advance to CIF State quarterfinals
- Cedar, Alder and Bay streets to see temporary closures at 24th Street
- PHOTO GALLERY: Snow in Onyx
- Funeral services for Feb. 22, 2019
- County's deficit to be eliminated in next budget
- DA files charges against two men wanted in double homicide
Kern County Sheriff Donny Youngblood was in the TBC Media studios Wednesday for One on One with Robert Price talking about the challenges facing his cash- and personnel-strapped department. Watch the interview.
The Bakersfield Police Department is looking for a man wanted on suspicion of molesting a child over a four-year period.
The Bakersfield Police Department is investigating shots fired that led to a collision near the Coffee Road off-ramp from the Westside Parkway on Thursday.
There are five Kern County soccer teams playing for four Central Section titles while Bakersfield High girls basketball team seeks to repeat as Division II champions on a jam-packed Friday night of action.
North High School employee Edwin Rodriguez appeared in court for the first time on Thursday on charges of inappropriate contact with students.
Until this year, the CIF State Wrestling Championships anchored the biggest week of the year in Bakersfield tourism. It doesn't anymore, but that's actually a good thing for the local economy.
LOS ANGELES (AP) — Snow fell at low levels in Southern California on Thursday with the arrival of a very cold storm that added even more precipitation in a wet winter that has almost eliminated drought conditions statewide.
Bakersfield residents will be able to celebrate African American culture and history with a parade this weekend.
For those seven Kern County girls wrestlers that advanced to the second round of the CIF State Girls Wrestling Championships in the morning session of the first day of the CIF State Boys and Girls Wrestling Championships at Rabobank Arena on Thursday, it was smooth sailing into the quarterfinals.
Readers may remember some months ago I wrote a couple of columns about Black Brant hunting on the Pacific coast. This is a small goose that migrates down from Alaska, stopping at a number of bays in Washington, Oregon, and California, before ending up in the Mexican province of Baja California.
Since Oct. 1, the level of water in Isabella Lake has been kept very low to allow work to be completed by the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers.
The Bakersfield Police Department has arrested a fourth suspect in the stabbing death of Aaran Porter.
Welcome one and all back to our CIF State Boys and Girls Wrestling Championships live blog.
His given name was Michael Adam Morales, but his friends and brother bikers knew him as Mikey Smash.
Foothill pulled off an 80-74 overtime road win at Central Valley Christian to earn a spot in the Central Section Division IV boys basketball finals with No. 1 Bakersfield Christian.
On tonight's edition of BVarsity Nightly with Trevor Horn, check out highlights from Bakersfield Christian's win over Kerman in the Central Section Division IV boys basketball semifinals. The Eagles advance and will play a familiar foe in the championship game on Saturday.
Ridgeview boys soccer is rolling, and the Wolf Pack don’t plan on looking back anytime soon.
Bakersfield Christian is seemingly playing its best basketball, and now has even more motivation heading into the biggest stage of the season.
Kern County Sheriff Donny Youngblood was in the TBC Media studios Wednesday for "One on One with Robert Price," talking about the challenges facing his cash- and personnel-strapped department.
- Pilot in deadly California house crash was warned of weather
- Judge grants citizenship to twin son of gay couple
- California judge rules twin son of gay couple is US citizen after government had only granted status to brother
- Correction: Oscars-Untelevised Categories story
- Emotional ceremony honors Hall, Stenberg, Layne and Lewis
- Person dies from stab wounds downtown on Eye Street
- 'Mikey Smash,' killed in downtown knifing, had apparent Hells Angels affiliation
- 3 adults, 2 children killed in crash on 99 in Delano
- Victim of fatal downtown stabbing identified
- Mathews: Surf City is the anti-California
- Coaches grieve over 'protector' athlete killed in Feb. 2 stabbing
- Security video: Break-in brings feeling of violation, financial hit for business owners
- Weapons charges against member of Bakersfield farming family to be dismissed after judge finds warrant based on faulty information
- Demolition of Belle Terrace Bridge to close Highway 99 for several nights
- LIVE BLOG: Central Section Masters boys and girls wrestling championships
A recent article (“Arvin, Taft, Cal City make 50-worst places to live list,” Feb. 8) listed Taft as the 42nd worst city to live in out of 50. I would not venture to say it is one of the worst places to live by far, but I feel it’s struggling to stay afloat economically coupled with a lack of…
"We choose to go to the moon in this decade and do the other things, not because they are easy, but because they are hard." -- John F. Kennedy, 1962
It's too early to take away any clear lessons from the Trump era, except one: Whatever you do, never fire the FBI director.