At approximately 5:50 p.m., the Kern County Fire Department received multiple calls for a home on fire. Crews arrived on scene and were faced with an approximately 4,000 square-foot home with smoke showing from the rear of the structure.
San Joaquin Community Hospital hosts free lectures and lunches as part of their ongoing Community Education Series
This video is produced by TBC Media
- Court this week: Sentencing for correctional officer who killed wife's lover, drunken driver who pleaded to gross vehicular manslaughter
- HERB BENHAM: A handkerchief in hand is worth a dozen on order
- THROUGH YOUR LENS: The astronomical sight of the Falcon 9 rocket launch
- WWE Live has holiday treat in store for Rabobank Arena
- BVarsity Central Section Football Rankings: Top teams gear up for playoff push
- Sears in Bakersfield and Kmart in Delano stores closing
- JOSE GASPAR: Lamont teen has the leg, and the will, to succeed
- PHOTO GALLERY: St. Demiana celebrates Coptic Festival
The Kern County Sheriff’s Office announced Sunday it has arrested 35-year-old Alejandro Andres Sanchez on suspicion of murdering Cheyenne Watkins, 23, of Tehachapi, whose body was found in an abandoned house June 1.
When Jennine Ochoa became pregnant at the end of 2017, she didn’t know what to expect. At 42, she’d waited longer than most women to start a family. But she said her first five months were easy. “I had no morning sickness, nothing,” she said. “It was completely uneventful until May.”
When the Western Athletic Conference’s basketball coaches meet for the WAC’s media day — as they did in Denver on Oct. 10 — they all sit down for press conferences to talk about their teams. Most, inevitably, are asked their thoughts on the preseason coaches and media polls.
On Oct. 30, Superior Court Judge Gary T. Friedman retires after a 35-year career on the bench marked by a strong moral sense, unflagging commitment to fairness and a soothing courtroom demeanor in which he combined an apparent sincere concern for all parties with a gentle humor that more oft…
FRESNO — Marcus McMaryion threw for two touchdowns and ran for two more to help Fresno State beat Wyoming 27-3 on Saturday night.
LOS ANGELES — Michael Pittman Jr. caught two of J.T. Daniels' three touchdown passes, and USC defense dominated in a 31-20 victory over previously unbeaten No. 19 Colorado on Saturday night.
VENTURA — At least three Bakersfield College coaches jumped up and down on the sideline, some running on the field to praise the Renegades players. The 11 BC players on the field celebrated with whoever else each one could find. Eventually, most of those in white and red swarmed toward third…
Cal State Bakersfield suffered its first home loss of the season in a 25-23, 22-25, 20-25, 25-22, 11-15 defeat to Cal Baptist on Saturday.
The Good Neighbor Festival is held Saturday at Martin Luther King Jr. Community Center. Food, games, kids’ activities and resource booths were part of the attraction of the annual event.
There was a definite theme to Day 2 of the Bud Nationals at Bakersfield Speedway.
Many motorcycle riders participated in the 6th annual Sikh Motorcycle Ride Saturday and hundreds attended the festivities after the ride at Hart Park that included food, drinks, and music in a family setting. The Sikh Motorcycle Riders of America donate funds collected at the ride to benefit…
Any hope of playing college football came to an abrupt end for Tyler Schilhabel when he was left paralyzed at age 16 after an ATV accident. But in an interesting twist, a pair of college coaches have played a critical role in mentoring him and encouraging his return to the field, as a coach …
The city of Bakersfield held its Good Neighbor Festival at Martin Luther King Jr. Park on Saturday.
"Quit walking," Tyler Schilhabel barked at one of his players in between drills during a recent football practice.
A Tehachapi corrections officer who says she lost her child in part due to a policy prohibiting pregnant officers from getting paid leave or light duty hopes she can help create a better future for her fellow female officers.
The board of directors of the California High-Speed Rail Authority is coming to Bakersfield on Tuesday to invite public comment on what it calls the final supplemental environmental impact report for the Fresno-to-Bakersfield project section.
The ball is soaring in the air, spinning toward the net and the question is, will Bakersfield score or come up with a big fat zero?
Two years ago, Mimi's Cafe was a highly visible fixture in the commercial strip of California Avenue immediately west of Highway 99. The well-loved (considering it's a chain) restaurant was a magnet for lunch traffic, owing to its appealing menu and prominent location.
- Kanye West-Taylor Swift feud turns political
- Tehachapi guard who lost baby after being denied lighter duty suing state prison system
- Two Delano residents killed in Highway 99 crash
- Judge Gary T. Friedman retiring after 35-year career, taking on new role in the downtown courthouse
- Two Bakersfield residents found dead on Lomita Drive died of gunshot wound to the head, KCSO says
- Deven Davis died from toxic mix of drugs
- JEFF DEL BONO: Why are dialysis corporations making $4 billion a year and still harming their patients?
- Death by 'friendly fire': Local veteran's name added to Vietnam War Memorial
- Man accused of attacking woman with machete inside Starbucks said she's his best friend, reports say
- Live scoreboard: high school football Week 9
World Food Day is celebrated on Oct. 16, but in Yemen people are eating leaves just to survive. A civil war between a Saudi Arabia-led coalition against Iran-backed Houthi rebels has plunged the already impoverished country near famine.
It's doubtful that a former American presidential candidate has ever formally endorsed incivility before, but Hillary Clinton is ever full of surprises.
What if the end of the world came and nobody noticed?