San Joaquin Community Hospital hosts free lectures and lunches as part of their ongoing Community Education Series
This video is produced by TBC Media
- PHOTO GALLERY: Hurricane Willa roars nears Mexico's shore, heads for resort area
- BFD: Fire at St. Francis Parish School was arson
- POLITICAL NOTEBOOK: Fail to make the registration deadline? It's not too late.
- Congressman McCarthy's office broken into
- 'Great amount' of rodent droppings force closure of La Ilusion Bakery and Donut Shop
- Comedian Lewis Black to play Fox Theater on Jan. 24
- THROUGH YOUR LENS: The sun rises and the sun sets
- 'Lucky' stores are the real winners when lottery fever hits
The Bakersfield Homeless Center will host its annual Halloween Carnival and Costume Party for children from 10 a.m. to 12 p.m. Saturday at the center, 1600 E. Truxtun Ave., in east Bakersfield.
When her tee shot of hole No. 1 on Monday, Liberty junior Regan Barton was not pleased with herself.
The Kern County District Attorney has determined that a shooting by a Delano Police Officer in December was justified.
Former Kern County Supervisor Barbara Patrick is supporting Nan Gomez-Heitzeberg for the Kern Community College District's board of trustees' Area 1 seat, Patrick announced Monday.
The Girls South Area Golf Championships is held at North Kern Golf Course Monday.
Sudden Unexpected Infant Death Syndrome was the leading cause of preventable deaths among children in Kern County for 2017, according to a recent report by the Kern County Public Health Services Department Child Death Review Team.
The Bakersfield Police Department seeks the community’s help in identifying a robbery suspect who stole items from a southwest Bakersfield Walmart and assaulted an employee there.
Daniel D. Holder, 58, of Buttonwillow died following a dirt bike accident around 7 p.m. Sunday.
Two people died and four were injured in a head-on collision on Panama Lane near Oswell Street around 7:30 p.m. Sunday.
STALLION SPRINGS — Two boys, ages 7 and 9, suffered major injuries Sunday evening when they were ejected from the bed of a pickup after a suspected impaired driver drifted off the right shoulder, lost control, skidded across both lanes and slammed into a wooden power pole and a large brick p…
TAPACHULA, Mexico (AP) — Thousands of Central American migrants resumed an arduous trek toward the U.S. border Monday, with many bristling at suggestions there could be terrorists among them and saying the caravan is being used for political ends by U.S. President Donald Trump.
A man prosecutors say conspired with two Bakersfield police officers to distribute drugs for sale pleaded guilty to the crime Monday.
DENVER — President Donald Trump on Friday ordered the government to speed up environmental reviews and streamline regulations that he says are hindering work on major water projects in California and other Western states.
In July the Arvin City Council voted to establish restrictions on new oil and gas operations within its borders.
Are we in heaven? Fifties at night, mid-80s during the day. Comfortable first light to last.
Kern County got what it wanted last week with Shafter and Kennedy going head-to-head in a battle of undefeated teams for South Sequoia League supremacy in front of a standing room only crowd at Shafter.
When Emmanuel Limaco was released from state prison in 2012 after serving the past few years for weapon-related offenses, he found adjusting to life on the outside was difficult.
Three people were injured Saturday, one critically, when the van they were traveling in struck a train in east Bakersfield, according to a press release from the Bakersfield Police Department.
My friend Jeran McConnel is a modern maker and creator of Oleander and Palm, a lifestyle brand. Jeran and I share a love of old homes, modern design and traveling. We attend the same church. She is someone I look up to as a working mother. Her three children, two of them teenagers, are the s…
Jason Rupert left Auto Club Famoso Raceway a year ago with his tail between his legs after making three quick runs in his Funny Car but having all three disqualified.
- As AFM illness strikes dozens of children, doctors say CDC is being too cautious
- County investigating claim that planning director bullied employees for years
- Former Tehachapi prison guard gets 80 years to life for killing wife's lover
- Bakersfield High School student stabbed during fight on campus
- Long day, and night, as Hot Rod Reunion rolls on at Famoso
- Horse in the Alley, history behind the door: New/old restaurant coming to downtown Bakersfield
- Live scoreboard: High school football Week 10
- New Indian cuisine restaurant Viceroy opens in west Bakersfield
- ROBERT PRICE: In small-town Arvin, big money from oil interests flows into City Council races
- Woman killed after vehicle hit power pole
In response to "Answers in Science" by David Keranen from Oct. 19, I'd like to point to Psalm 19:1. "The heavens declare the glory of God, the sky proclaims the work of His hands..." We don't need to be implanted with the information like read-only memory. All are without excuse: The knowled…
The Afghan War -- really, the war against terrorists and their allies in Afghanistan and Pakistan -- has elements of a Greek tragedy. It was unavoidable, but seemingly unwinnable.
I read with interest the obituary for Gus Balasis. Mr. Balasis played violin with the Bakersfield Philharmonic at the age of 15, which in my mind, is amazing. He also played while in high school and college. What really struck me with awe was reading that he was asked to join the New York Ph…