Reader: I refer to the Associated Press article in the Jan. 10 Californian headlined “Trump stalks out of shutdown session with Dems.” Who fact-checks Associated Press material and associated headlines? There are conflicting reports in the article sourced both from Democrats and Republicans …
San Joaquin Community Hospital hosts free lectures and lunches as part of their ongoing Community Education Series
This video is produced by TBC Media
- One killed in crash at mouth of canyon
- Elias Hall of Fame ropes in Watkins
- Centennial High School mock trial team wins local competition, heads to state
- Man shot in east Bakersfield
- THROUGH YOUR LENS: TBC's favorite photos of the week
- Alzheimer's Association bulks up presence in Kern County amid rise in cases
- Condors cruise past San Diego, 6-2
- Late run lifts CSUB over Chicago State
At her swearing-in ceremony last week, new District Attorney Cynthia Zimmer playfully borrowed an ominous line from "Game of Thrones," HBO’s bloody medieval fantasy of power lust, betrayal and assassination: “Winter has come.”
Cal State Bakersfield’s swimming and diving teams wrapped up the regular season with easy wins over Fresno Pacific, a Division II school, at home on Saturday. The men’s team won 208-85 while the women won 194-102.
Cal State Bakersfield women’s basketball (8-11, 4-2 Western Athletic) ended the game on a 13-3 run to beat Chicago State (1-16, 1-3), 67-56 on the road on Saturday. It was the Roadrunners’ second straight win and first time winning two games in a row since the first two games of the season.
WASHINGTON (AP) — Amid internal controversies and a capital city deeply distracted by the partial government shutdown, the third Women's March returned to Washington on Saturday with an enduring message of anger and defiance aimed directly at President Donald Trump's White House.
While Saturday was the second go-round for the Women’s March Kern County, the effort didn’t show any signs of slowing down.
In the months leading up to her election as district attorney, Cynthia Zimmer promised to initiate change with a renewed focus on aggressive prosecutions and a determination to tamp down gang violence that has beleaguered the community.
One of Camryn Albert-Kulstad’s favorite memories of her father, James Kulstad, is when she would sleep over at his house.
I don’t know why I feel sorry for somebody when I see them walking over the Oak Street overpass, but I do. I wonder, how did they get there, where will they go next and what will they do when they arrive?
FRESNO - Please excuse Braxton Huggins if he just wants to smile.
When a packet of 10 “Air Mail” letters from 1966 showed up on eBay with a Bakersfield address that no longer exists, history buffs and amateur detectives on the Facebook page Kern County of Old got busy.
Does the Los Angeles Rams presence — and their success and subsequent playoff push this season — reverberate in Bakersfield?
It took 58 seconds into overtime, but the Condors finally delivered a knockout punch to the Stockton Heat on Friday night at Rabobank Arena.
Bobby Sharp is never one to hold back his thoughts.
Despite being a downtown resident who's now exploring the outer realms of north Bakersfield on my lunch breaks, my heart (or stomach?) resides in northeast Bakersfield. Rosa's, Red Pepper, Lam's, sandwiches from City Sandwich and Country Club Liquor and Deli, there are plenty of food memorie…
The Bakersfield Police Department is asking for the community’s help identifying the suspect of a burglary at Sequoia Middle School at 900 Belle Terrace on Jan. 5.
Cal State Bakersfield's School of Natural Sciences, Mathematics and Engineering was awarded a $150,000 grant from the W. M. Keck Foundation.
Chicago State may be 3-15 overall, 0-3 in Western Athletic Conference play and adjusting to its first season under head coach Lance Irvin, but you wouldn’t really be able to tell all that based on Cal State Bakersfield head coach Rod Barnes’ comments about the squad.
- BPD asks for public's help identifying alleged burglar of Sequoia Middle School
- Three wanted in Bakersfield home invasion robbery
- Kern County judge rules new law unconstitutional in case involving juvenile defendant
- Update: Missing California City girl found, no foul play suspected
- Witnesses report shots fired in the air near school in East Bakersfield
- Daughter of Bakersfield 3 victim is ready to tell her story
- Chris Burrous laid to rest Friday
- DA: Three Kern residents accused of helping alleged cop killer will be tried in federal court
- Former FBI profiler describes Bakersfield 3 killer on 'Dr. Phil'
- Bakersfield 3 cases featured on Dr. Phil
- Schwarzenegger's Bakersfield son shows he can flex like dad
- BPD: Scooter rider who dragged dog should be charged
- Are young activists pulling Kern's Dems leftward after years of control by moderates?
- Bakersfield woman remains banned from receiving welfare benefits after court upholds 2015 fraud conviction
- Man killed in fall at Amazon construction site identified
Friday morning I was traveling on Easton Drive on my way to Starbucks, when I saw a woman finishing her toilet session on the sidewalk. This is very unsanitary. Are we San Francisco? She could have gone in Starbucks and used the bathroom. That is its policy. Some members of the homeless popu…
Our topic for today: three stories and a letter.
Consumers need better protection from predatory corporations in the public utility business throughout California. PG&E comes to mind.