Dignity Health Mercy and Memorial Hospitals on Sunday hosted its annual Back 2 School event for the 20th year in a row — and it may have been the biggest one yet. Last year the organization gave out 150 backpacks, but not even halfway through Sunday's event, Dignity estimates it distributed about 350 backpacks. In addition to the backpack drive, the event also offered free haircuts for the kids, school supplies, food baskets, and health screenings for kids and parents.
- Longtime cyclist John Rous killed in accident
- Veterans Day parade is Saturday
- Former BHS football star Anthony McClanahan charged with murder in wife's death
- Why is CSUB playing Georgia Southern twice this season?
- Kern helicopters, outfitted for night flying, in high demand for fighting wildfires around the state
- THINGS YOU NEED TO KNOW: 'Daddy's Home 2' cast jokes about Bakersfield
- Kern River: Our fickle beauty reduced to a trickle
- North High unveils state-of-the-art gym
- Supervisors chip in $100,000 to help land grant, connect Meadows Field to Texas
- After years of luring, Bakersfield finally lands Bass Pro Shop in town