Aldi opened its second location in Bakersfield Wednesday with a ceremony that drew hundreds of eager shoppers.
In typical Aldi grand opening fashion, there was a “golden ticket” giveaway with gift cards ranging from $5 to $100, eco-friendly bag giveaways and a sweepstakes for one year of free produce.
Aldi is a national chain known for its bagless initiative, coin-operated cart system and private label brands.
“Everything we do is to pass the savings onto our customers,” Aldi Director of Operations Alexandra Skinkis said. “We want them to get in, get out and get on with their day. Even if it doesn't save them money, it saves them time.”
- Dramatic pot conspiracy claims roil political battle for Supervisor Maggard's seat in June
- Teen dies after falling out of car window, driver arrested on suspicion of DUI
- County workers ignored call-out to help with black-ice mess that stranded 64 vehicles
- Centennial sophomore ID'd as teen killed in DUI incident
- Heated negotiations between Kern County and firefighters coming out of deficit, critical report
- Police duped nurse into confessing to sex acts with minor, documents say
- It's on! District Attorney candidates Zimmer, Spielman square off (politely)
- Funeral services for January 12, 2018
- Woman killed in Union Avenue accident had fought her way back from homelessness, into service
- No one plays more for CSUB than Rickey Holden