The Los Angeles Dodgers are back in the World Series for the first time in nearly 30 years, and Bakersfield fans of the team — and of its rival, the Houston Astros — were out in droves for Game 1. Expect more of the same Wednesday night, when L.A. again hosts the 'Stros at Chavez Ravine. Here is a small sampling of some of the watering holes offering specials on food and drinks for the occasion Wednesday:
• Camino Real, 4501 Stine Rd #304, is offering "street" hot dogs and blue beverages.
• Goose Loonies, 816 18th St., is offering blue beer and Happy Hour from 3 p.m. to closing for each game.
• Red Zone Sports Bar & Grill, 3351 Panama Lane, will have shot specials when a Dodger crosses the plate.
• Bootleggers Craft Pub & Eatery, 955 Oak St., will have $4.50 Dodger Dogs and drink discounts for those who wear Dodgers or Astros gear. For Game 2, if you wear your Dodgers gear, draft beers will be $3.50 each and you can get a small free order of dirty chips. Happy Hour will be going on all night.
• Temblor Brewing Company, 3200 Buck Owens Blvd., will have buy-one-get-one-free appetizers and happy hour beer. For Game 2, customers can get 25 percent off all appetizers and $1 off all beers throughout the game as long as they're wearing something baseball-related.
• 1933, 7900 Downing Ave., will be showing the game on their jumbo screen and have happy hour prices last throughout the game.
• Sports & Spirits, 6633 Ming Ave., will have happy hour prices throughout the game.