The Maddy Institute is accepting applications for its Wonderful Public Service Graduate Fellowship.
Students throughout the San Joaquin Valley who have a grade-point average of 3.0 or higher and are applying to or have been accepted into a nationally ranked graduate program for fall 2018 will be eligible to apply for one of two $56,000 fellowships.
Applications must be submitted by 5 p.m. Pacific on Feb. 23. Applications will require a resume, letters of recommendation as well as college transcripts. Applications can be found online at bit.ly/2mqeDhi. They can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or mailed/delivered to Mark Keppler, Executive Director, The Maddy Institute , Foundation Building, California State University, Fresno, 4910 E. Chestnut Ave., OF 43, Fresno, CA 93726 .
The Wonderful Public Service Graduate Fellowship, funded by the Wonderful Company, is focused on helping students get a degree from a graduate program and encouraging them to come back to the Valley to apply what they’ve learned.
Adventist Health Bakersfield is offering free immunization clinics for children through the rest of this month.
Most of them are held in Bakersfield, with two clinics taking place elsewhere. Here’s a breakdown of where the clinics will be:
- Monday: Benton Park Center parking lot, located at 2905 S. H St.
- Tuesday: Mercado Latino parking lot, 2105 Edison Highway.
- Wednesday: Adventist Health Bakersfield, across the human resources parking lot between 28th and 29th streets, 2800 Chester Ave.
- Jan. 22: Walmart Supercenter parking lot, 5075 Gosford Road.
- Jan. 25: Vallarta Market parking lot, 600 Bear Mountain Blvd. in Arvin.
- Jan. 29: NOR Riverview Park parking lot, 437 Willow Drive.
- Jan. 30: Walmart parking lot, 401 Central Ave. in Wasco.
- Jan. 31: New Life Church parking lot, 4201 Stine Road.
All clinics will start at 9 or 9:30 a.m. and end at 2 p.m., except for the Adventist Health clinic on Wednesday, which will run from 1 to 6 p.m.