Local, state and federal law enforcement agencies served seven search warrants in Bakersfield Wednesday morning related to the illegal sale of spice and marijuana and the operation of an illegal gaming casino.
Officers seized 30 pounds of spice, also known as synthetic marijuana, more than $6,200 in cash, a half ounce of methamphetamine and a large amount of marijuana, police said. Also, code enforcement officers discovered numerous structural violations and determined several structures were unsafe for occupancy.
Search warrants were served at the folloiwng locations:
• 2505 South Chester Ave. — “Fish’s Smoke Shop”
• 2507 South Chester Ave. — gambling hall
• 2840 South Chester Ave. — “Gifts and More”
• 3951 South H St. — marijuana dispensary
• 2640 Laurel Drive —residence
• 2600 South Chester Ave. — residence
• 331 Pacheco Road — residence
The operation involved personnel from the BPD, Drug Enforcement Administration, FBI, City of Bakersfield Code Enforcement, Bakersfield Fire Department, Kern County Sheriff’s Office, Homeland Security, Kern County Public Health Department, Kern County Probation Department and Alcoholic Beverage Control.
Anyone with information regarding this investigation is asked to call the Bakersfield Police Department at 327-7111.