Holy Thursday, known in some Christian denominations as Maundy Thursday, is the day Jesus celebrated the Last Supper with his disciples before his death, marked today on Good Friday. In the Catholic tradition, believers commemorate the first Holy Eucharist and the establishment of the priesthood. The Mass includes the washing of the feet, reflecting Christ’s love and humility in serving his disciples. Jesus demonstrated service and care for others by washing their feet.
- Defibrillator saves life of 14-year-old boy at Chipman Junior High
- Sheriff's anti-sanctuary proposal nixed, won't be heard by supervisors
- Bakersfield Memorial Hospital fined $75,000 in connection with patient death
- Community Voices: Hazards of mainstreaming special needs students
- Search ends for Bakersfield woman lost in Tule River
- PETE TITTL: A strong contender for best new restaurant
- JOSE GASPAR: Adios, mamá
- Bakersfield freeway building: What's done, what's to come
- Daughter on Bakersfield Memorial Hospital fine: 'This means justice for my mom'
- Elton John cancels Bakersfield show