Children got off to a fast start at the North of the River Recreation and Park District's Easter egg hunt Saturday morning at Emerald Cove Park. Some arrived an hour early for the 10 a.m. start of the egg hunt, but most eggs were picked up within minutes.
- Defibrillator saves life of 14-year-old boy at Chipman Junior High
- Sheriff's anti-sanctuary proposal nixed, won't be heard by supervisors
- Bakersfield Memorial Hospital fined $75,000 in connection with patient death
- Community Voices: Hazards of mainstreaming special needs students
- Search ends for Bakersfield woman lost in Tule River
- PETE TITTL: A strong contender for best new restaurant
- JOSE GASPAR: Adios, mamá
- Bakersfield freeway building: What's done, what's to come
- Daughter on Bakersfield Memorial Hospital fine: 'This means justice for my mom'
- Elton John cancels Bakersfield show