"I actually thought I was going to die today," said Don Paul Josephsen describing the dire predicament he was in the Kern River. But it wasn't his time. After being stuck in brush in swiftly moving water in the river for what he says was 2 hours Josephsen was rescued by River's End rafting guides Ben Juarez and Jon Kephart who were leading a group of rafters on the Kern River east of Lake Ming Monday.
- Longtime cyclist John Rous killed in accident
- Veterans Day parade is Saturday
- Former BHS football star Anthony McClanahan charged with murder in wife's death
- Why is CSUB playing Georgia Southern twice this season?
- Kern helicopters, outfitted for night flying, in high demand for fighting wildfires around the state
- THINGS YOU NEED TO KNOW: 'Daddy's Home 2' cast jokes about Bakersfield
- Kern River: Our fickle beauty reduced to a trickle
- North High unveils state-of-the-art gym
- Supervisors chip in $100,000 to help land grant, connect Meadows Field to Texas
- After years of luring, Bakersfield finally lands Bass Pro Shop in town