27 properties damaged by last year’s Erskine Fire have been replaced by manufactured housing units obtained by the State of California from FEMA.
As featured on
Betty Britt returned home Wednesday for the first time in nearly a year to a house she’d never seen before. Last year, the Erskine Fire ripped through her South Lake neighborhood in a merciless roar, robbing her of her house, her car and a lifetime of belongings.
- Facebook ablaze over racist comment by local talk radio host
- Two arrested on murder, other charges after dead man found in vehicle during traffic stop
- Centennial sophomore ID'd as teen killed in DUI incident
- Clayton Boen death rattles Centennial High
- Woman killed in Union Avenue accident had fought her way back from homelessness, into service
- Hundreds show up for chance to be in 'Oildale' film
- CHP pulls over speeding car, finds dead man in passenger seat
- Teen dies after falling out of car window, driver arrested on suspicion of DUI
- Equal treatment, rights focus of Kern County Women's March
- Funeral services for January 17, 2018