It was like a family reunion Sunday at Kern Pioneer Village as the Haggard family came together to celebrate the restoration of the boxcar home built by James and Flossie Haggard. The home was moved to the museum in 2015 and officially opened Sunday for public tours.
- Defibrillator saves life of 14-year-old boy at Chipman Junior High
- Sheriff's anti-sanctuary proposal nixed, won't be heard by supervisors
- Buyer found for 'Speakeasy' house downtown
- Community Voices: Hazards of mainstreaming special needs students
- JOSE GASPAR: Adios, mamá
- Daughter on Bakersfield Memorial Hospital fine: 'This means justice for my mom'
- Elton John cancels Bakersfield show
- Two area national monuments — Giant Sequoia and Carrizo Plain — face review
- PETE TITTL: A strong contender for best new restaurant
- Declining agricultural land values tied to water