1. Change your mindset – Your brain will always be your biggest obstacle when it comes to achieving your fitness goals. Your mind will give out long before your body will, so push through that mental hurdle and be amazed by how much you can accomplish!
2. Set goals – Determine the results you want to achieve and figure out what you need to do to get there. Make sure the goals are realistic and adaptable to life’s unexpected changes.
3. Make a schedule – Making exercise a habit takes time, so make sure to incorporate it into your daily routine.
4. Mix it up – Avoid monotony by changing up your activities, which also challenges your body in different ways and keeps things fresh and fun.
5. Find a workout buddy – Finding a partner is a great way to stay committed and promotes accountability. If one is not available, consider joining a group class.
6. Keep your eyes on the prize – Earning your way to a healthier you is a marathon, not a sprint.
7. Reward yourself – This doesn’t have to be in the form of an edible treat. As you inch closer to your goals, perhaps a new wardrobe is in order.
8. Focus on what you can control – There will always be factors you can’t control, so focus on the ones you can, like your mindset, technique and nutrition.
9. Maintain good form – Nothing can derail a fitness journey faster than injury. Protect yourself by maintaining proper technique.
10. Pace yourself – Don’t do too much too soon. Results will come if you stick with the program, so don’t rush.
11. Keep off the scale – Weighing yourself is a way to keep track of your progress, but it doesn’t always tell the whole story. Instead, focus on how you feel because that’s what truly matters.
12. Have fun – Making a healthy lifestyle change is a journey. Enjoy the ride!