About UsAdvertisers wanting to be highly visible in Kern County need to look no further than The Bakersfield Californian. We're Kern County's most trusted source of news, delivering a wealth of information to our readers since 1866. Our exciting and effective advertising products can connect you with people all across Kern County and beyond. You'll find that our reach and readership provide incomparable value for your advertising investment.
By partnering with The Bakersfield Californian, you'll tap into over a century of expertise and creative services, plus marketing opportunities that go way beyond the newspaper. We offer a wide variety of products, publications and services that help you reach the audience you're after. So, whether you're considering a preprint insert, in-paper position or branding opportunity in one of our niche products, we'll help you get your message in front of the right people at the right time.
Please explore our media kit, but be sure to contact us at 661-395-7563 so we can help you discover how The Bakersfield Californian is "More Than Before."
- Daily Metro Readership- 109,089
- Sunday Metro Readership- 143,055
- 34% of daily readers have a household income of $75,000 or more
- 36% of Sunday Californian readers have a household income of $75,000 or more
- 74% of daily readers own their home
- 69% of Sunday Californian readers own their home
- 81% of Californian readers have eaten at a sit-down restaurant in the past 30 days
- 93% of Californian readers have eaten at a fast food restaurant in the past 30 days
- 60% of readers have taken at least one vacation in the past 12 months
- 80% of Californian readers have shopped at a clothing store in the past 3 months
- 76% of readers have shopped at a home accessory store in the past 12 months
- 76% of Californian readers have shopped at a shoe store in the past 3 months
- 19% of readers plan to purchase a new or used car in the next 12 months