Buy Photo

Felix Adamo / The Californian

Robin Howard holds her baby daughter Addison Howard, who was born at 1:37 a.m. Jan. 1 at Memorial Hospital. Monday, Howard was arrested on an outstanding warrant for selling methamphetamine.

For Robin Faye Howard, the pain didn’t end with childbirth.

Mother of Bakersfield’s first baby of 2014, Howard was arrested Jan. 2 on an outstanding warrant in connection with selling methamphetamine. She’s spent the past three days in custody, separated from her 6-day-old daughter, Addison.

Howard’s attorney, Mark Anthony Raimondo, said he’s hopeful Howard can post bond and reunite soon with Addison. Judge Michael Lewis set Howard’s bail at $25,000 Monday following her arraignment.

Raimondo said either investigators saw the media coverage of the 31-year-old Howard or someone tipped them off that the proud mother was also wanted on an outstanding felony charge.

Prosecutors charged Howard with possession of meth, possession of meth for sales and possession of drug paraphernalia. Raimondo said the case against her originated over the summer, but the warrant was only issued in December.

He said Howard has spent the past couple months in a rehabilitation facility and has made progress.

“She’s been doing well for several months,” he said.

Howard was photographed with Addison shortly after giving birth New Year’s Day at Bakersfield Memorial Hospital. Addison arrived at 1:37 a.m., 20 inches long and weighing 6 pounds 12 ounces.

The due date had been a couple of weeks away.

“I think she’s stubborn...she had to make like a grand entrance,” Howard told The Californian on Jan. 1 from her hospital bed. She called her third child “just perfect.”

Howard said she was unmarried and living in the Rosedale area.

Howard, who goes by the alias “Dizzy,” has several felony cases listed against her.

She pleaded no contest to second-degree burglary in January 2013 and was sentenced to 117 days in jail, according to the court website. She received a one-year jail sentence after pleading no contest in August 2012 to second-degree burglary, petty theft, receiving stolen property, possession of drug paraphernalia and possession of burglary tools.

Howard was sentenced to a year and four months in prison after pleading no contest to drug possession and petty theft in August 2008. Pleading no contest to taking a vehicle without the owner’s consent led to a 120-day jail term in September 2005.

A preliminary hearing in the current case is scheduled for Jan. 21.