Buy Photo

Photo courtesy of Bakersfield Police Department

The Bakersfield Police Department has arrested its second suspect, Miracle Jackson, in the July 17 shooting at First Reliable medical marijuana collective. Jackson, 16, was arrested in Las Vegas Thursday and faces extradition to Bakersfield, BPD officials said Friday.

The teen girl suspected of participating in the July robbery of a medical marijuana dispensary that left two people dead ran away from a Bakersfield group home just days before the killings, according to police reports filed in court late Monday.

Staff members at the Angels of Hope Guidance Center on Monitor Street confirmed to police that the young woman identified as the second suspect in surveillance footage taken from the pot shop is 16-year-old Miracle Jackson.

Staff members said Jackson ran away from the group home July 12. According to the reports, numerous people came to the home after the July shooting to find her, including one who said Jackson was in "big trouble" and needed to leave town.

Jackson was placed with the group home in February of because she was "out of control" and her mother could no longer handle her, staff members said in the reports. They said Jackson is from the San Bernardino area and has no contact with her mother or sister.

Jackson and Aaron Patrick Burris, 32, are both charged with murder and robbery in the July 17 shooting deaths of Tony Sherman and Devin Daniels inside the First Reliable collective at 217 Chester Ave. Police said the robbery netted the pair $20 in cash and 80.5 grams of pot.

Burris was arrested July 26 after being tracked to an Oildale apartment. Jackson was arrested Aug. 8 by officers with the Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Department.

Prosecutors said Tuesday that Jackson -- who had been fighting extradition -- was being transported to Bakersfield and will likely be arraigned today or Thursday.

The redacted police reports say surveillance footage from the shop showed Burris firing three shots at Sherman. After ordering Daniels to remove marijuana from display cases and money from the cash drawer, Burris walked back to where Sherman was lying and fired a fourth shot, according to the reports.

Police believe Burris also shot and killed Daniels.

The footage showed a female identified as Jackson wiping down a front counter in the shop which both she and Burris had touched, the reports say. Police reports indicate Jackson didn't fire any shots, but the law allows a murder charge against someone who participates in a crime that ends in death, even if that person had no intention of killing.

Burris has pleaded not guilty to the charges. His next court hearing is scheduled for Sept. 25.