Christmas Around the World
* Second floor of Timeless Furnishings, 1918 Chester Ave.
* Nov. 23 until Dec. 29.
* Hours: 11 a.m. to 7 p.m., Monday through Saturday
* Closed on Sundays, Christmas Eve and Christmas Day
* Prices: $20 for a family of four, $8 for adults, $7 for seniors 65 and older, $5 for children and free for children 5 years old and younger
* First opened in 2008 on the second floor of Timeless Furnishings.
* Established by Sherrie Lewis, who has a love for Christmas and a desire to educate people about the Christmas traditions of other countries.
* Receives donations and consultations on traditions from local ethnic groups including Filipinos, Mexicans, Swedes, Egyptians, Peruvians, Germans and Koreans.
* The nonprofit organization, Foundation for Christmas Around the World, seeks sponsors to provide admission for disabled individuals, foster children, at-risk youth, Boys & Girls Clubs and Make-A-Wish Foundation.
What you'll find
* Christmas displays from 43 different countries; Hungary, Romania and Ecuador are new to this year's display
* 150 decorated Christmas trees covering 15,000 square-feet
* 3,000 nativity items including nativity scenes, framed cards and ornaments
* 1,000 international dolls
* More than 800 nutcrackers in the Germany display
* A section for vintage decorations
* A gingerbread replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral made by Manuel Rodriguez, who died of Lou Gehrig's Disease in 2011
* A gift shop with Christmas items
* Punch and cookies
* Lewis receives help from family and friends to clean and update displays.
* Volunteers start cleaning and decorating toward the end of October and through November until the site is open.
* This year, Ryan Cheney's Eagle Scout project included painting shelving units and walls, as well as moving light fixtures for the event.
* Lewis receives decoration donations from locals, and attends estate and yard sales to scout new decorations.
* "Light a Light" from 6 to 7 p.m. Nov. 30. The event will honor Karen Goh and Kathy Butler for their community service.
* "Deaf Awareness Days" from 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Dec. 8. Tours in sign language for deaf and hard of hearing individuals. Last year's event featured a signing Santa for 85 attendees.
* "Latin Fiesta" all day on Dec. 15. Day includes dancing, singing, storytelling, as well as costumes from Guatemala, Ecuador, Columbia and Mexico.
* "Music Festival" all day on Dec. 22. Live musical accompaniment will be played for Christmas Around the World patrons. Christmas Around the World