Mayor Karen Goh was one of 11 mayors from across the state who went to Sacramento last week to advocate for state funding to fight homelessness.
San Joaquin Community Hospital hosts free lectures and lunches as part of their ongoing Community Education Series
This video is produced by TBC Media
- BC, Ridgeview grad homers twice in CSUB baseball's win over Hawaii
- VIDEO: BVarsity Nightly for April 18
- Photo Gallery: Kaiser Permanente Sports Village
- Photo Gallery: Independence stays hot, downs Golden Valley
- Mac attack this weekend for annual festival
- Second commercial cannabis initiative to seek voters signatures, overturn Kern County ban
- WATCH: A tour of the completed new entertainment center, The BLVD
- PHOTO GALLERY: Ramon Garza School Fifth Graders Participate In Aera Energy Academy
- Funeral services for April 19, 2018
- Bakersfield ranked worst, second worst and third worst in three air quality rankings
A lawsuit filed against Grimmway Enterprises, among others, in connection with a crash in Arvin that left a woman with severe burns and broken bones, is set to go to trial in Kern County Superior Court Monday.
BURBANK, Calif. (AP) — Police say they are investigating whether three men reported missing from Bakersfield were the people found dead inside a parked car in Burbank.
Stavros Katsantonis knew the decision he made three years ago would make it difficult for a lot of people to follow his progression as a football player.
(AP) — Sean Hannity is President Donald Trump's most vocal defender on television, and a week ago he was on the air criticizing the FBI raid on the president's personal attorney Michael Cohen as evidence that Special Counsel Robert Mueller's "witch hunt" against the president has become a ru…
A 49-year-old woman has gone missing and is considered at risk due to a medical condition, Bakersfield police said.
A Bakersfield High School student was arrested Monday after bringing a gun on campus, according to school officials.
When the Escuelas Unidas dancers learn a routine from a region of Mexico, they go all in from head to toe, both in movement and in dress.
Not every fifth-grader who eats a cupcake immediately exclaims, "I got oil!" But for the fifth-graders from Ramon Garza Elementary School, almost everyone struck a chocolatey core Wednesday at the Aera Energy Academy.
Charges will not be pressed against two federal immigration agents who Delano Police Department officials said lied about pursuing a couple they suspected of being in the country illegally and died during a collision while fleeing, Kern County District Attorney Lisa Green announced Wednesday.
This Saturday marks the 11th annual international Record Store Day and our two prominent record stores, Going Underground and World Records, will offer their own perks to get music lovers out of bed that morning.
Three people were killed in a rollover crash on Highway 119 late Tuesday, according to the California Highway Patrol.
Those headed to Ridgeview High School this week should prepare to buckle up, straighten their seat, and get ready for take-off as the theater department takes you on the ride of your life with "Catch Me If You Can."
If you need a furry best friend, there are plenty of places in Kern County to find one. But this weekend, you can check out adoptable pets from dozens of area agencies and rescues all in one place.
Kern County has a long history of producing Major League Baseball players.
Stars down Scots 7-6 in key SEYL battle
With the motto "setting theater free," The Empty Space has set the bar high. So "Caligari," a new late-night show playing this weekend, should be no surprise for local audiences. But this immersive theater experience is unlike anything the Oak Street playhouse has put on the stage.
A Delano man who spent the past 26 years on death row after being convicted of sexually assaulting and killing a 21-month-old girl will not face retrial after his conviction was overturned last month, District Attorney Lisa Green announced Tuesday.
“A silent movie is not silent,” organist Bob Salisbury said. “The music gives a third dimension to the movie.”
A year ago, North High softball coach Corrie Gannaway scoured the other athletic programs on campus seeking a playmaker that could be a spark plug for her team.
- Police investigating whether three men found dead in parked car in Burbank are same men reported missing from Bakersfield
- Missing woman considered at risk due to medical condition
- Bakersfield High student brought gun on campus, school officials say
- Three arrested in armed robbery at motel
- DA will not press charges against ICE agents involved in fatal Delano collision
- COMMUNITY VOICES: A school run amok: A counselor's perspective
- At Bakersfield High, students 'cuss up a storm,' fight and assault staff; teachers say new disciplinary practices are to blame
- Delano grape grower Jakov Dulcich fatally shot, Sheriff says
- John Giumarra III made call from jail requesting family friend to contact judge following arrest in fatal crash, attorneys say
- Man arrested in Delano homicide case
- Man reported missing April 4 has medical condition, family says
- Dana Haggard memorial set for April 23 at Valley Baptist
- Merle Haggard's eldest daughter Dana dies at 61
- Accused killer of Delano grape grower Jakov Dulcich ordered held on $2 million bail
- Utah man killed in Mojave racing event was trying to hit 210 mph, sheriff's officials say
On Monday, two independent watchdogs released reports detailing abuse and, in one case, violation of the law at Scott Pruitt's Environmental Protection Agency in pursuit of perks for the administrator and his staff.President Donald Trump should have fired Pruitt a long time ago. The latest r…
The recent article on discipline problems at Bakersfield High School ("A school run amok," April 15) probably highlights why there is a shortage of teachers. The verbal and physical actions that occur today wouldn't have been tolerated in my generation. I have no solution for parents who don…
After the United States last week accused the Russian-backed Assad regime in Syria of a chemical-weapons attack, Russia had a ready rejoinder: Fake News.