San Joaquin Community Hospital hosts free lectures and lunches as part of their ongoing Community Education Series
This video is produced by TBC Media
- Kevin Johnson races to Sports Mod win at Bakersfield Speedway
- Cops offer criminal street gang members a way out, but does talking help?
- ROBERT PRICE: If I were king, here's how I'd run things
- HERB BENHAM: Every dog has his day — and his summer break
- People don't mind getting dirty for Mud Volleyball Tournament
- Ridgeview, BC grad Justin Miller revitalizes MLB career with Nationals after 'kick in the butt'
- Semi truck a total loss in Friday fire
- Three injured in Saturday morning shooting
Nighttime closures for both the northbound and southbound State Route 99 to eastbound State Route 58 connector ramps have been scheduled from 9 p.m. to 5 a.m., Sunday through Thursday.
It’s only June, but football practices officially kick off a month from today.
Urbane Cafe hosted two pre-grand opening events Friday to benefit local organizations. The Mt. Vernon Avenue shop is the 16th for the family owned chain specializing in fresh sandwiches and salads, according to Caprice White, marketing and guest relations manager for Urbane Cafe. Those who w…
Reader: Some 45 years ago I delivered The Californian as a young teen. Virtually every day for two years the front page was dominated by Watergate.
A woman was arrested on Wednesday for allegedly trying to kidnap a 2-year-old boy.
This week's failure by Congress to pass either of two immigration reform bills has prompted California's leading agricultural trade group to reiterate, in polite terms, its longstanding demands for a solution to the state's chronic shortage of farmworkers.
Voters in Bakersfield will get the opportunity this November to overturn a citywide ban on medicinal marijuana shops.
They raced against each other in Mini Dwarfs, battled in American Stocks and now quite often find themselves rubbing fenders in the Hobby Stock division.
South Kern residents along with other community members from around the county will hold an informational meeting tonight with community members, organizations, and Kern County agencies on how they can advocate for pesticide safety near their schools and homes.
Far past the days of cheese, pepperoni or combo, pizza toppings have sparked some arguments on the internet. Pineapple enjoys a sweet victory as possibly the most-divisive topping in the debate. In honor of National Pineapple Day on Wednesday, let's delve into the discussion.
The Bakersfield Police Department will be conducting a DUI/Driver’s License Checkpoint on between 6 p.m. Saturday and 2 a.m. Sunday.
Bakersfield is covered when it comes to farmers markets but this summer Tehachapi is as well.
Although many in Kern County may still think of areas such as Paso Robles as the best option for wining and dining, a similar experience can be found just up the hill in Tehachapi where vineyards are continuing to develop. With the region’s warm days, cool nights and consistent winds, grower…
Send your images to firstname.lastname@example.org with a caption. They will appear in a photo gallery online, and we will do our best to publish them in print.
An Arvin man was arrested by Arvin police Thursday after allegedly pointing a firearm at family members and firing it when they tried to run away.
Recently, we have seen an almost-constant parade of "bad boys" dominating the press. These gentlemen have included actors, producers, comedians, politicians, teachers, newscasters and many others. But I have always been a firm believer of equal time and opportunity, and that caused me to thi…
- Family of late attorney Ben Greene files lawsuit against Bakersfield Track Club
- Rosamond woman arrested for allegedly killing husband
- 2018 Kern County Spring Sports All-League teams
- Worth noting: Fixture on local restaurant scene goes up for sale
- Victim of fatal motorcycle accident identified by coroner's office
- THINGS YOU NEED TO KNOW: Bakersfield police officer gets engaged on ABC's 'The Proposal'
- KHSD board to consider settlement of teacher complaints
- Altercation at Bakersfield Speedway leaves one hospitalized
- Former college, Liberty coach takes over North boys basketball program
- Say aloha to dining chain coming to northeast Bakersfield
Kern County elections officials mailed out, by request, 227,388 vote-by-mail ballots to registered voters for the June 5 primary.
Let's traipse down memory lane, shall we, and hearken back to 1972. It was after the Democratic convention, and presidential nominee George McGovern had chosen Missouri Sen. Thomas Eagleton as his vice president on the ticket. Then it hit the fan. News reports spread like wildfire: Eagleton'…
This Charles Krauthammer column was originally published on July 26, 2002, in the Washington Post. Krauthammer died Thursday, June 21, at age 68.