It wasn't for lack of interest that Sundale Country Club did not sell at auction as scheduled Monday morning on the steps of Bakersfield City Hall.
San Joaquin Community Hospital hosts free lectures and lunches as part of their ongoing Community Education Series
This video is produced by TBC Media
- Pitch perfect after attending Writers of Kern meeting
- Is July, the hottest month, getting hotter?
- Funeral services for July 17, 2018
- TBC Media to consolidate operations to press facility
- HERB BENHAM: What a set list, what a life
- City buoyed by higher than expected CalPERS investment returns
- Measure to double Kern County Library funds won't make November ballot, but supporters remain hopeful for other options
- PHOTO GALLERY: Kern County Library supporters push to double system's funds
Last week CNBC released its annual ranking of America’s top states for business. I doubt I was the only one unsurprised to see California nowhere near the top.
A judge has denied a lawsuit against the city of Bakersfield that challenged ballot language asking voters to overturn a citywide ban on medicinal marijuana dispensaries.
Kids between the ages of 2 and 18 ate a summer lunch for free at Beale Library on Monday. After their meal, children had the opportunity to meet the Bakersfield SWAT team.
WATCH: Lunch at the Library, Bakersfield Police SWAT Team
One of Donald Trump's more memorable promises on the campaign trail was to lower the cost of prescription drugs. Polls show this issue remains popular with Americans, especially lower-income families, who are worried about high drug prices.
Delano police arrested four people on firearms and gang charges Saturday after finding loaded guns during a traffic stop.
Flame Broiler is on a hot streak in Bakersfield. The healthy fast-casual chain just opened its sixth restaurant here and the first in Bakersfield with a drive-through window.
It's a Friday evening and the family is sitting down to dinner when armed men burst through the door, demand valuables and order everyone to huddle together while they search the house.
The Bakersfield Police Department arrested Harold Williams, 38, Sunday afternoon for firearms violations and "participation in a criminal street gang," according to a BPD news release.
I don't know about you, but I sometimes tire of hearing about so much bad stuff going on in Bakersfield, Kern County, the nation and the rest of the world. It can be downright depressing. That's why when a story comes along about something good, it's something you want to share.
Super Taco on Truxtun Ave. was closed by health inspectors Thursday after dead and live cockroaches were found in food prep and storage areas, according to the Kern County Public Health Services inspection report.
Bakersfield has been given a glowing, if possibly underreported, opportunity. A large portion of Bakersfield has received a special designation by the federal government allowing private investors to take advantage of reductions in capital gains taxes. We should seize this opportunity.
Smoke from the Ferguson Fire, which has burned 4,000 acres in the Sierra National Forest and was 2 percent contained as of Sunday afternoon, has brought the San Joaquin Valley Air Pollution Control District to warn that people from the northern part of the valley down to Tulare County be cau…
Local youth hockey coach Bob St. Louis saw players from Bakersfield, that wanted to stay home, going elsewhere for college because collegiate hockey was not available at Cal State Bakersfield. Then his own son — now 20 and attending CSUB — faced the same dilemma.
The Bakersfield Police Department made two DUI arrests, one alcohol-related and the other for cannabis, Saturday night during a DUI / Driver's License Checkpoint on Panorama Drive by Bakersfield College.
- Trump heads to Putin summit with no clear goal — and worries that he’ll make concessions
- Consumers flooded with dubious claims about marijuana’s health benefits
- Teenager arrested on suspicion of attempted murder after throwing lit firework into a crowd
- Bakersfield recycling in trouble months after China stops taking world's trash
- Meadows Field may resume flights to Texas
- Districts use incentives, non-credentialed teachers to address shortage
- Inmate dies following attack at Wasco State Prison
- Merkel warns of worldwide financial crisis
- Firefighters face possible OT cuts as negotiations for new union contract begin
- Reports: Vice principal gave teen girl alcohol before sexually assaulting her
Tab Hunter died this month at 86. Blond and blue-eyed with a sweet smile, Hunter fit the 1950s bill for a Hollywood heartthrob. But he had no interest in the girls who swooned over him -- or for girls in general. Hunter was one of several closeted gay movie stars leading complicated double l…
It's a word that doesn't appear in any dictionary, but without a doubt it will: "Gohmertism," defined as an expression that is mind-bogglingly stupid and hateful. It is named after Congressman Louie Gohmert, whose nastiness and ignorance are boundless.
Recently in the Bakersfield Californian, there were articles about shifting some water delivery from farmers to restore salmon populations on the decline in California rivers.