Some Bakersfield residents are getting upset about poop — the poop emoji, to be specific.
San Joaquin Community Hospital hosts free lectures and lunches as part of their ongoing Community Education Series
This video is produced by TBC Media
- THINGS YOU NEED TO KNOW: Sources say a heat wave is coming to Kern this week
- Police looking for couple who allegedly robbed a 7-Eleven
- JUSTIN SALTERS: Immigration reform that replaces DACA and provides Dreamers with path to permanent residency
- PHOTO GALLERY: It's time for fun in the sun at McMurtrey Aquatic Center
- After stormy May, attendance at city facilities bouncing back
- Near-final election totals show just how different Kern is from overall state
- Funeral services for June 19, 2018
- Zachary Diamond's health makes incremental improvements following assault at Bakersfield Speedway
Summer is almost officially here and since the heat of summer has already arrived many Bakersfield residents are cooling off at the McMurtrey Aquatics Center where you can swim, splash in a shallow pool or use the waterslide to add excitement to your day.
McALLEN, Texas (AP) — Inside an old warehouse in South Texas, hundreds of immigrant children wait in a series of cages created by metal fencing. One cage had 20 children inside. Scattered about are bottles of water, bags of chips and large foil sheets intended to serve as blankets.
The Bakersfield Police Department Critical Incident Review Board has determined that all shots fired by officers in a confrontation last December with a gunman who shot out a glass door at Bakersfield Heart Hospital and threatened people inside acted within department policy, and within lega…
We’re about to hit the dog days of summer. But it’s never too early to talk high school football in Kern County.
Former Cal State Bakersfield left-handed pitcher Austin Davis was called up by the Philadelphia Phillies on Monday, becoming the first former CSUB player to make it to Major League Baseball. Davis, who played for CSUB from 2012-14 and redshirted for one season, spent parts of five seasons in…
After a cool weekend for mid-June in Kern County, the first day of summer is coming Thursday and bringing with it triple-digit temperatures and memories of last year’s record-breaking season.
Country artist Gary Allan isn't afraid of a little Bakersfield summer heat, which is good news since the California native will be performing at the Spectrum Amphitheatre on Aug. 11.
If I leave the car windows ajar on a hot day, will somebody steal it? Do people steal hot cars? Why not just steal a campfire.
A motorcyclist who was killed following a crash with another vehicle in southwest Bakersfield on Friday has been identified by the Kern County Coroner's Office.
To celebrate the opening of a new Jamba Juice store in Bakersfield, the company has announced it will donate $10,000 and a percentage of its sales in participating stores to Operation Surf, a program that provides surfing retreats for injured active-duty and veteran military members.
Parts of the Truxtun Avenue-Oak Street intersection will be closed at different times throughout the week, Monday through Friday.
World Cup soccer action is back. It started last week and ends July 15 and before it's over, some 3.4 billion people - roughly half the world's 7.6 billion population - are expected to tune in watch all 32 matches according to research company GlobalWebIndex.
If nothing else, A.J. Shearon realized what truly matters most while balancing his career as a basketball coach.
Cal State Bakersfield police have begun using body-worn cameras, joining a couple of other local agencies in the use of the devices that proponents say help protect law enforcement from false allegations of wrongdoing and provide a greater degree of public transparency.
Kern County Sheriff's Office deputies were called to East Bakersfield at 4:40 p.m. Saturday after an adult male was shot multiple times. He was transported to the hospital and is in stable condition, according to a Kern County Sheriff's news release.
Reader: Once again, good sir, some folks are making a mountain out of a molehill with "reverse parking" or, in the parlance of all the tens of thousands of drivers in the oil and gas industry who have used this mandatory safety technique successfully for many years, "First Move Forward" park…
A house fire occurred in Lamont on Sunday just past midnight, destroying the house where the fire started and a power pole, according to a Kern County Fire Department news release.
- Police looking for couple who allegedly robbed a 7-Eleven
- Two BPD officers involved in Heart Hospital shooting receive clean incident review
- BPD: Arrest warrant standoff ends peacefully
- One of three men shot Friday in Delano identified
- Victim of fatal motorcycle accident identified by coroner's office
- Altercation at Bakersfield Speedway leaves one hospitalized
- Maxwell's serves notice it will soon close
- Mary K. Shell: Beloved, trailblazing former mayor dies at 91
- Trevor Horn's Top-50: Kern County football preseason players to watch
- Lake Isabella woman killed in fiery single-vehicle crash on Highway 155
- As we wave goodbye to Trout's nightclub, only its modest bench survives
- Snake season starts strong, with two bites in Kern County so far
- Bakersfield home builder no longer facing felonies, but court case ongoing regarding allegations he unlawfully gave son's Camaro to a friend
- Against all odds, Oildale action team won't quit
- Mongols affiliates planned Bakersfield attack on Hells Angels days in advance of fundraiser, reports say
Earlier in my academic career, I used to advise students to focus on science and engineering, believing that they were a prerequisite for success in business. I had largely agreed with Bill Gates's assertions that America needed to spend its limited education budgets on these disciplines, be…
The woman soon to be Rudolph Giuliani's third ex-wife is not the most sympathetic of victims. Judith Nation cavorted openly with Giuliani while the New York mayor was still living with his second wife and their two children.
Logic not being the strong point of the Trump administration, it claims that it is not to blame for the separation of families at the border, and that a just God is pleased it is happening.