After a colonoscopy two years ago, Patti Damare felt so delirious and weak that she couldn’t stand on her own.
San Joaquin Community Hospital hosts free lectures and lunches as part of their ongoing Community Education Series
This video is produced by TBC Media
- Police searching for missing 27-year-old adult male
- Court hearings this week include sentencing for woman who pleaded to stealing court fines, competency hearing for man charged in cellmate's death
- WORTH NOTING: Excavation board seeking feedback from ranchers, growers
- Funeral services for July 23, 2018
- Police searching for missing adult woman
- Roof collapses in Delano house fire bringing $130,000 in damages
- STEVE FLORES: Wavehog traditions continue as elders pass to juniors
- New Kern Venture Group Brings Angel Investing to Our Region
An elderly homeowner allegedly shot Joshua Zorilla, 22, during a residential burglary in northeast Bakersfield, according to a Bakersfield Police Department news release.
Zack St. Onge made the most of his front-row starting position on Saturday night in the first twin Late Model races at Kern County Raceway.
DELANO — Residents who have lost loved ones to gang violence took community action for the first time on Saturday.
Well, this is unnecessary. And mighty curious.
The Kern County Museum and its adjacent Pioneer Village are treasure troves of historic artifacts. The buildings, vehicles and thousands of items of historic interest are lovingly preserved and exhibited to help us understand not only who we were then, but who we are today.
A juvenile was arrested on Saturday for allegedly brandishing a handgun at several people.
A man was seriously injured in a car accident on Saturday morning.
Two Southwest Yosemite League volleyball programs shined last year in the Division I postseason.
Change is coming — ready or not — during the current triple-digit heat wave hitting the Central Valley.
Intermittent nighttime lane closures have been scheduled for next week on Highway 58 between Highway 99 and Union Avenue, as well as on Highway 99 between Ming Avenue and Wilson Road.
Reader: Are you out of your minds to run this on the front page of the paper? And as the section-front headline ("Trump heads to Putin summit with no clear goal — and worries that he’ll make concessions," July 14).
Built in 1940, the roughly 2,000-seat venue known as The Dome is set to be demolished after its pending sale to Florida-based The GEO Group. The 15,000-square-foot building at 2201 V St. is rich in history, having hosted countless boxing, pro wrestling and musical events. Its final event, a …
The Bakersfield Police Department has received a $98,000 grant to fight alcohol-related crime from the California Alcoholic Beverage Control organization.
Moving from high school to college can be scary and stressful, but Bakersfield College is trying to make the transition a bit easier for incoming freshmen.
No doubt about it, Robby Sawyer is a polarizing figure.
Kern County Supervisor Leticia Perez's court date on two misdemeanor charges is still more than two months away, but the legal maneuvering is already in high gear.
- Whale sharks are bigger than had been thought and can live 130 years, study finds
- Supervisor Leticia Perez criminally charged in connection with conflict of interest with marijuana industry
- Reports: Man admits firing rounds near urinating plain-clothed deputy he believed was about to engage in sex act
- Merkel warns of worldwide financial crisis
- Perez to be indicted on charges related to alleged conflict of interest with marijuana industry, sources say
- New restaurants spice up Bakersfield dining scene
- Jeff Foy, longtime school designer, dies of cancer
- Yard sale purchase yields trove of military medals
- ROBERT PRICE: Struggling airport, growing city: What's up with that?
- Longtime Bakersfield Harley-Davidson dealer 'Tex' Thorp dies at 83
In the fall, a former KGB Colonel, tranined in the ways of espionage, torture and political murder, has been invited to the White House. Just in time to get a bird's-eye view of election meddling that he directed which Mr. Trump and the Republican Congress refuse to take seriously. He'll be …
Donald Trump thrives on an image of strength, so it's never a good look when he inadvertently invokes the spirit of Neville Chamberlain, the British prime minister whose name has become a watchword for appeasement.
I guess I am the person identified in last week's Sound Off ("'Superman' deserved all that attention and more," July 14) who wants to be “looking like a complete fool” by supporting President Donald Trump for his positive accomplishments rather than focusing entirely on his sometimes regrett…