San Joaquin Community Hospital hosts free lectures and lunches as part of their ongoing Community Education Series
This video is produced by TBC Media
- VIDEO: Highland senior Moises Medrano wins boys 1,600 and 800 section titles
- VIDEO: Desert senior Asia Mallory repeats as Central Section girls long jump champion
- VIDEO: Stockdale junior Marcus Mota wins boys 3,200 section title
- VIDEO: Liberty senior Seth Krauss wins the Central Section boys high jump title
- VIDEO: Liberty freshman Reese Renz won the girls 300 hurdles section title
- May is National High Blood Pressure Education Month!
- VIDEO: Liberty junior Daniel Viveros wins section titles in boys shot put and discus
- VIDEO: Stockdale senior Aaliyah Wilson wins the Central Section title in the girls 100
Devon Lee picked the perfect time to turn in his best performance of the year. The Bakersfield College freshman set a new personal record in the triple jump during the CCCAA Track and Field Championships at Memorial Stadium on Saturday.
CLOVIS — Daniel Viveros didn’t wait long to remind the state of California who's king of the boys shot put.
The Cal State Bakersfield baseball team took an early 3-0 lead, but Chicago State University came back to earn a 6-3 victory at Hardt Field in the regular season finale for both teams on Saturday.
After sliding across the start/finish line to finish second in the first of twin 35-lap Super Stock features, Anthony Mainella said he hoped to be going straight and getting to the checkered flag first in the second feature.
The San Joaquin Valley Air Pollution Control District is declaring its 2017-18 wintertime clean-air efforts a success, despite a troublesome December, according to a report to the district's governing board.
Simply put, Kassidy Lemminn was thrilled by her performance this weekend at the State Swimming and Diving Championships.
MADERA — It was a somewhat disappointing moment for Erik Buetow, Phillip Shafik and Samuel Guimte when they came together on the tennis court at Madera South High School. But just by looking at them, it was impossible to tell. They smiled and laughed with medals hanging around each one of th…
Allow me to call attention to the two men listed on your Kern County sample ballot as running for Superior Court judge. Specifically, the two vying for the open District 10 seat.
Only certain matters from the Delano City Council’s executive sessions become public knowledge, but I would guess that the resignation this spring of Councilman Ruben Pascual has led to numerous problems for the city council.
Former Bakersfield Mayor Harvey L. Hall died Saturday morning. He was well-known for spreading the mantra of "Unity in Our Community" as he held the position of 25th mayor of Bakersfield for 16 years. The founder of Hall Ambulance Service Inc. began his company in 1971.
Dad left me a black wallet. Not me specifically, but the wallet was in his desk drawer next to his watch that had returned from the repair shop in good working order. No one else wanted them because the watch wasn’t a Piaget and the wallet not a Givenchy.
It’s the end of the 2017-18 academic year, which means the Kern High School District is set to host one of its premier events.
On tonight's edition of BVarsity Nightly with Trevor Horn, extended highlights from Stockdale's win over Madera in the Central Section Division I quarterfinals, check out the game-winning hit for Bakersfield Christian over Woodland in D-VI, plus full recap of all softball, boys tennis and sw…
Just before 8 p.m. on Friday night, there shouldn’t have been much concern in the Cal State Bakersfield baseball dugout. The Roadrunners had just scored six runs to take a commanding 9-2 lead over Chicago State. A few minutes after that, New Mexico State finished its 4-2 victory over Texas-R…
The Division V No. 1 seed wins 16-3 in quarterfinals round.
The CCCAA State Track and Field Championships started Friday and continue Saturday at Memorial Stadium at Bakersfield College.
Bakersfield Christian’s never-say-die attitude paid big dividends once again Friday, this time in the Central Section softball playoffs.
When she needed it most, Sydney Hornbuckle got some sage advice from her older sister.
Memorial Day Veteran Event: Enjoy the movie "Unbroken," and presentation from Iwo Jima veteran survivor, includes food, desserts and beverages, 3-7 p.m., May 24, Beale Memorial Library Auditorium, 701 Truxtun Ave. 868-0701.
- Homicide detectives investigating after body found south of McFarland
- BPD deploying additional officers to look for unbuckled motorists, passengers during Click it or Ticket campaign
- DUI checkpoint scheduled for Saturday in Bakersfield
- Three sentenced to prison after pleading no contest in beating death of man on Truxtun Avenue
- Road closures scheduled due to Peace Officer Memorial ceremonies
- Goodbye East Hills Mall, hello City Lights
- France defends anti-terrorism strategy after attack by man on watchlist
- Crisis pours into Colombia across a border bridge
- Child of alleged Arvin gangster witnessed her father fatally shoot man, reports say
- Harvey Hall, former longtime mayor and founder of Hall Ambulance, dies at 77
- Former owner of RV Peddler charged with 47 counts of grand theft in massive alleged embezzlement scheme
- THINGS YOU NEED TO KNOW: Channing Tatum spotted in Bakersfield
- Confrontation between Hells Angels and Mongols motorcycle gangs led to fatal shooting on Saturday, police say
- Man killed in stabbing at Wasco sports bar
- Kern judge issues final judgment in Tastries case
If you ask people what caused the opioid crisis ravaging our country, you'll no doubt hear that doctors are to blame for handing out painkiller prescriptions too liberally. That narrative makes sense: Over the past few decades, doctors have massively increased the amount of opioid prescripti…
I was not, alas, close to Tom Wolfe. I knew him only slightly: I saw him at occasional parties and dinners at his Upper East Side haunts, including the Lotos Club, where a glorious full-length portrait of him hangs in the lobby. I went to a few shindigs at his beautifully appointed apartment…
So, so many are quick to say President Donald Trump made a horrible error in withdrawing from the 2015 Iranian nuclear accord, and some doubts are understandable even as the definitive harrumph is nonsense.