An 18-year-old man whose body was found south of McFarland died from multiple stab and cutting wounds and his death is a homicide, according to the coroner's office.
San Joaquin Community Hospital hosts free lectures and lunches as part of their ongoing Community Education Series
This video is produced by TBC Media
- Roundup: Bakersfield Christian survives scare, advances to D-VI softball title game
- KHSD students recognized for achievements at PEAAK Awards
- PHOTO GALLERY: 2018 PEAAK Awards Held Wednesday At Harvey Auditorium
- Highland dominates Sierra with big first inning, advances to D-V championship
- CSUB baseball shut out in WAC Tournament first round by New Mexico State
- VIDEO: Clovis defeats Stockdale 2-0 in Central Section Division I semifinals
- Clovis shuts out Stockdale in D-I softball semifinals
- Funeral services for May 24, 2018
The skepticism is understandable: If you ask people to pay an extra penny for every dollar they spend in Bakersfield, they're going to want to know where the extra money goes.
A man accused of driving under the influence in a fatal crash last summer pleaded no contest Wednesday to a charge of second-degree murder.
The audience for your average batch of menudo might be some scattered relatives and friends (possibly hungover) or maybe a few dozen served in a restaurant. But the stakes are much bigger at the 20th annual Kern County Hispanic Chamber of Commerce Latino Food Festival and Menudo Cook-Off. Fo…
Singer/songwriter Chelsea Williams, who returns to Temblor Brewing Company this Friday, is one of those talents that makes you wonder why she isn’t bigger than she actually is. Her 2017 album “Boomerang” is a revelatory release. Spectral and luminous, it’s as intimate as it is suddenly majes…
A man is wanted on suspicion of grand theft and burglary for an incident that occurred at a Jack in the Box restaurant in Bakersfield.
Bakersfield College students didn't hesitate to speak up when word spread that federal immigration agents had detained a fellow student. Less than 24 hours after ICE detained Jose Bello, students, faculty members and Bakersfield residents mobilized to voice their thoughts to the public.
Send your images to email@example.com with a caption. They will appear in a photo gallery online, and we will do our best to publish them in print.
A memorial service in honor of Tehachapi Mayor Ed Grimes, who died Monday, has been scheduled for 11 a.m. Tuesday, May 29, at the Tehachapi High School gym. A viewing will take place at 4 p.m. May 28 at Wood Family Funeral Service. Both services will be open to the public.
An undercover sting operation at several Kern County massage parlors Tuesday resulted in two women being cited for solicitation of prostitution, according to Kern County Public Health Services.
Former track champion Chris McKellar became the first two-time winner in the Sports Mod division last Saturday night at Bakersfield Speedway and has the chance to double his victory total this Saturday night.
A DUI checkpoint held in Bakersfield Tuesday evening resulted in two arrests on DUI charges and 18 citations for driving while unlicensed, police said.
While a three-day weekend is a great opportunity to take a short vacation, get some long overdue chores done or throw a party, don't forget the reason people have Monday off from work.
Texas and Bakersfield have a lot in common. Not just with our respective oil and agriculture industries, but musically as well: a certain hardscrabble outsider’s perspective that's made our music — and musicians — better inclined to represent and dominate. We had Merle and Buck, they had Wil…
Federal immigration agents detained a Bakersfield College student on Tuesday, raising concerns among student leaders and faculty who say they'll issue a statement this afternoon on BC's main campus.
A man is accused of fatally shooting a woman Tuesday evening in northwest Bakersfield.
The man accused of shooting out a glass door at Bakersfield Heart Hospital and threatening people inside will likely remain hospitalized another six months, his attorney said during a court hearing.
The Kern County Fair will open this fall with "Good Vibrations" courtesy of a performance by the Beach Boys, who return to the Budweiser Pavilion on Sept. 19.
It's not every day a Hollywood actress conducts a private dance lesson in Bakersfield. Luckily, you don't need to have the skills of a professional to keep up with one this time.
State regulators are gathering public input before making an environmental recommendation that could have big implications for local oil production.
- Man whose body was found south of McFarland was stabbed to death, coroner says
- Man pleads to murder charge in fatal drunken driving crash
- Suspect wanted in robbery at Wal-Mart parking lot
- Suspect wanted on suspicion of grand theft at Jack in the Box
- Two women cited, three massage parlors ordered to close following undercover sting operation
- Harvey Hall, former longtime mayor and founder of Hall Ambulance, dies at 77
- Goodbye East Hills Mall, hello City Lights
- Body found south of McFarland identified as 18-year-old man
- Reports: Pathologist says wounds inflicted on Bakersfield attorney indicate an attempt to decapitate
- Tehachapi Mayor Ed Grimes dies at age 75
- KHSD trustees vote 5-0 for map plan 3, sure to anger many in south Kern
- ROBERT PRICE: Drama way, way down the June 5 ballot
- Kern County named wind turbine capital of the world
- Man accused in series of sexual assaults, including one inside a Bakersfield College bathroom, found competent to stand trial
- KLEA members vote to withdraw endorsement of Fleeman in Sheriff's race
On May 22, Jose Bello, a Bakersfield College student, was detained by Immigration and Customs Enforcement officers along with his brother. His story hit home, not only because I am an educator at Bakersfield College, but because I share a similar background.
Robert S. Mueller III's investigation has won indictments against President Trump's former campaign chairman and 16 others and has secured guilty pleas from five people, including Trump's former national security adviser and two campaign advisers.
After reading about the specious charges a disgruntled former employee made against T.L. Maxwell’s Restaurant and Bar, and against Terry Maxwell personally, I thought to myself there’s seemingly no end to people trying to make excuses for their failures, and then get money for it ("Lawsuit f…