San Joaquin Community Hospital hosts free lectures and lunches as part of their ongoing Community Education Series
This video is produced by TBC Media
- Nighttime closures announced for State Route 99 and State Route 58
- VIDEO: Defensive backs at local passing league tournament
- Funeral services for June 23, 2018
- THE DISH: Sample summer with new dining options
- Passing league showcasing a large field of top defensive backs in Bakersfield
- PHOTO GALLERY: Urbane Cafe to open its 16th establishment in family-owned chain
- SOUND OFF: Why don't we cover FBI controversy as thoroughly as we did Watergate?
- Woman arrested for allegedly attempting to kidnap boy
This week's failure by Congress to pass either of two immigration reform bills has prompted California's leading agricultural trade group to reiterate, in polite terms, its longstanding demands for a solution to the state's chronic shortage of farmworkers.
Voters in Bakersfield will get the opportunity this November to overturn a citywide ban on medicinal marijuana shops.
They raced against each other in Mini Dwarfs, battled in American Stocks and now quite often find themselves rubbing fenders in the Hobby Stock division.
South Kern residents along with other community members from around the county will hold an informational meeting tonight with community members, organizations, and Kern County agencies on how they can advocate for pesticide safety near their schools and homes.
Far past the days of cheese, pepperoni or combo, pizza toppings have sparked some arguments on the internet. Pineapple enjoys a sweet victory as possibly the most-divisive topping in the debate. In honor of National Pineapple Day on Wednesday, let's delve into the discussion.
The Bakersfield Police Department will be conducting a DUI/Driver’s License Checkpoint on between 6 p.m. Saturday and 2 a.m. Sunday.
Bakersfield is covered when it comes to farmers markets but this summer Tehachapi is as well.
Although many in Kern County may still think of areas such as Paso Robles as the best option for wining and dining, a similar experience can be found just up the hill in Tehachapi where vineyards are continuing to develop. With the region’s warm days, cool nights and consistent winds, grower…
Send your images to firstname.lastname@example.org with a caption. They will appear in a photo gallery online, and we will do our best to publish them in print.
An Arvin man was arrested by Arvin police Thursday after allegedly pointing a firearm at family members and firing it when they tried to run away.
Recently, we have seen an almost-constant parade of "bad boys" dominating the press. These gentlemen have included actors, producers, comedians, politicians, teachers, newscasters and many others. But I have always been a firm believer of equal time and opportunity, and that caused me to thi…
The Kern County Grand Jury released a report Thursday, citing several issues regarding the Sheriff's Office's Lerdo Jail facility.
Two men were arrested in Delano on Wednesday after cocaine, marijuana and weapons were found during a search.
Santa Barbara has the Funk Zone. Santa Monica has Third Street Promenade. San Antonio has the Riverwalk. Austin has Sixth Street. What does Bakersfield have?
KERN VALLEY — A man appears to have taken his own life during a standoff with law enforcement on Wednesday.
A man charged with killing a man near a Bakersfield marijuana shop was convicted by a jury on Thursday, according to the Kern County District Attorney’s Office.
It’s been two years since Alex Collatz-Sellens competed collegiately at USC, but the former Stockdale High standout is still at the top of her game.
Hundreds of mourners bade farewell Thursday to Mary K. Shell, the former Bakersfield mayor and Kern County supervisor who died June 14 at the age of 91.
- Family of late attorney Ben Greene files lawsuit against Bakersfield Track Club
- Rosamond woman arrested for allegedly killing husband
- Against all odds, Oildale action team won't quit
- Worth noting: Fixture on local restaurant scene goes up for sale
- Altercation at Bakersfield Speedway leaves one hospitalized
- Victim of fatal motorcycle accident identified by coroner's office
- THINGS YOU NEED TO KNOW: Bakersfield police officer gets engaged on ABC's 'The Proposal'
- Three arrested in attempted kidnapping case
- KHSD board to consider settlement of teacher complaints
- Former college, Liberty coach takes over North boys basketball program
Let's traipse down memory lane, shall we, and hearken back to 1972. It was after the Democratic convention, and presidential nominee George McGovern had chosen Missouri Sen. Thomas Eagleton as his vice president on the ticket. Then it hit the fan. News reports spread like wildfire: Eagleton'…
This Charles Krauthammer column was originally published on July 26, 2002, in the Washington Post. Krauthammer died Thursday, June 21, at age 68.
I talk to my sister on the phone every week. Recently, she said to me something I have seen and heard many times: "What is it about 'illegal' that they don't understand?"