For a few days this week, nearly 40 local teachers got the chance to be the students.
San Joaquin Community Hospital hosts free lectures and lunches as part of their ongoing Community Education Series
This video is produced by TBC Media
- Snag a free lollipop from See's Candies Friday
- Tacos La Villa closed due to health violations
- McDonald's handing out free fries through the rest of the year
- HERB BENHAM: Let there be light
- THROUGH YOUR LENS: TBC's favorite photos of the week
- Worth noting: Gov. Jerry Brown declares April 10 as Dolores Huerta Day
- City to provide 255 “anti-theft devices” to owners of commonly stolen vehicles
- Arvin council passes oil and gas restrictions; will others follow?
A Kern County jury hung on charges of murder and attempted murder in the trial of a Ridgecrest man accused of fatally shooting a neighbor and trying to kill his wife.
The Associated Press
The Kern County Family Justice Center has had 873 new clients since it opened Jan. 17 to help victims of domestic violence, stalking and sexual assault, among other crimes, according to the District Attorney's office.
Jeff Foy, who designed schools in the Panama-Buena Vista Union School District, died of cancer on Wednesday morning, according to family.
It was in July 2017 when Bakersfield-born ballerina Tiler Peck directed and produced the three-night dance series "BalletNow" at the Los Angeles Music Center. Now, one year later, Peck, 29, is the main subject of a documentary called "Ballet Now," airing on Hulu Friday.
Sometimes you connect with the world created by a fictional work, relating to the characters or their story in a way that makes you want to linger there. And while we might not want to perform a number in the rain (especially after gentlemanly relinquishing our umbrella to a passerby), there…
If you checked your patriotic spirit after your last errant firework scared dogs through the neighborhood, it's time for a new proposal. Rather than "piddle, twiddle, and resolve," solve the problem of what to do this weekend by heading to Ovation to catch "1776" before its run ends.
Michael Beilby has seen gangsters, prostitutes and thieves around his southeast Bakersfield home.
Jagger Jones has started to distance himself from the field as Late Model drivers head into double feature races on Saturday night at Kern County Raceway.
The attorney representing county Supervisor Leticia Perez entered not guilty pleas on her behalf Wednesday in connection with charges of conflict of interest regarding cannabis issues and failure to file a required form regarding her finances.
The Bakersfield City Council will hold a regularly scheduled meeting Wednesday to discuss many items of routine government business.
Prosecutors have filed two misdemeanor charges against county Supervisor Leticia Perez regarding a conflict of interest between her role as supervisor and the California marijuana industry in what's believed to be the first time any elected official has been criminally charged in Kern County.
Bakersfield police and U.S. Marshals arrested a 43-year-old man Tuesday in connection with the killing of a Bakersfield woman three years ago.
Anthem Blue Cross customers can breath a temporary sigh of relief. Dignity Health and Anthem will have a little more time to reach an agreement over reimbursement rates.
Since its inception in 2009, the Bakersfield Homeless Center’s Job Development Program has grown like a fledgling startup.
He ran a Harley-Davidson motorcycle shop in Bakersfield for four decades, but over the years it also became a gathering place where motorcyclists met for coffee, to talk shop, seek advice and share their love of bikes and the feeling and freedom of seeing the country on two wheels.
Jake Shimabukuro is just about the perfect person to have as the unofficial goodwill ambassador for the ukulele and maybe even for his native Hawaii.
- Jury hangs on murder, attempted murder charges in trial of Ridgecrest man
- Family Justice Center has had 873 new clients since opening in January
- Man arrested in connection with 2015 killing of Bakersfield woman
- Kern Valley State Prison inmate death under investigation as a homicide
- Taft apartments damaged in Monday morning fire
- Trump heads to Putin summit with no clear goal — and worries that he’ll make concessions
- Supervisor Leticia Perez criminally charged in connection with conflict of interest with marijuana industry
- Perez to be indicted on charges related to alleged conflict of interest with marijuana industry, sources say
- Districts use incentives, non-credentialed teachers to address shortage
- TBC Media to consolidate operations to press facility
- Bakersfield recycling in trouble months after China stops taking world's trash
- Jeff Foy, longtime school designer, dies of cancer
- New restaurants spice up Bakersfield dining scene
- Firefighters face possible OT cuts as negotiations for new union contract begin
- Longtime Bakersfield Harley-Davidson dealer 'Tex' Thorp dies at 83
In 1982, as President Ronald Reagan proposed to add the equivalent of a 5 cent per gallon tax increase, he noted that the "cost to the average motorist will be small, but the benefit to our transportation system will be massive." That observation captures the choice that Proposition 6 places…
A Prussian General once wrote, “War is Politics by other means.” Today the flip side, “Politics is war by other means” applies when looking at our potential tariff war with China and our allies.
Some members of the Republican Party are guilty of elder abuse. You only have to watch congressional hearings to see this play out. They are subjecting President Trump to political abuse to further their own far right wing political goals. The abuse comes in the form of political flattery, s…